Nightmare work situation

elephant29

Daddy, mummy, LO and bean
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I went back to work 2 weeks ago. Everything was going great but then the day I took all my positive pregnancy tests I went into work and ended up being assaulted :cry:. I was asked to assist in a restraint and I know it was silly but I figured that as I was only only the bottom end I could keep my belly out the way. It went a bit pear shaped and I ended up being kicked in the face and the ribs and carpet burned! I was really shaken up afterwards. I've been on holiday since but due to go back tomorrow and eesk I dont wanna :cry:

So my dilema is now do I tell work I am pregnant? I was hoping to hold off until the 3 month scan at least but I dont think I can risk having to get involved again. I couldnt sit back and watch my collegues struggle either and not help! I guess if I dont tell them I am seriously putting myself and bump in danger! They have to keep quiet though dont they? What I mean is I dont want everyone and their granny knowing in work.

xxx

Honey, tell them. As you prob know, I am a psych nurse and work on quite a hefty ward with a lot of challenges in that respect. I was 7 weeks gone when I told them as I didn't wanna be in the position, they didn't tell anyone but to be honest, people figured it because I was avoiding restraints and things.

Be safe chick xx

Hey babe

Just said on previous thread I think you should tell them asap as your gonna need your rish assesment done asap working where you do this probably happens a lot? xxx

Honey, tell them. As you prob know, I am a psych nurse and work on quite a hefty ward with a lot of challenges in that respect. I was 7 weeks gone when I told them as I didn't wanna be in the position, they didn't tell anyone but to be honest, people figured it because I was avoiding restraints and things.

Be safe chick xx

Thanks hun!

I know deep down I need to tell them I'm just really nervous after just going back but your right! Last time I was 9 weeks before I told them but it was just after I found out.

I'll just need to bite the bullet and tell my boss tomorrow.

xxx

Hey babe

Just said on previous thread I think you should tell them asap as your gonna need your rish assesment done asap working where you do this probably happens a lot? xxx

I think I will need to tell them, I just really thought I could avoid it until at least 12 weeks.

Last time they refused to risk assess me until I was 20 weeks. Dont even ask, haha, they are murder!

yeah it does happen regularly, not so much on nightshift but this kinda proves it can happen at anytime.
xxx

Good luck, hope it goes ok when you tell them xx

:hugs: Aw hun, how horrible. I would tell them, for yours and LOs safety. Hope it goes ok x x

Hey babe

I think I will need to tell them, I just really thought I could avoid it until at least 12 weeks.

Last time they refused to risk assess me until I was 20 weeks. Dont even ask, haha, they are murder!

yeah it does happen regularly, not so much on nightshift but this kinda proves it can happen at anytime.
xxx

You'll be fine chick, be brave!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back