Nightmares in second trimester :(

catherine182

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been suffering from bad dreams/nightmares for the best part of a week now (I'm 14 weeks 3 days pregnant today), they don't even make any sense, and although I am probably naturally stressed I really don't feel stressed you know where you're at the end of your tether? I feel rather calm and we have everything under control and we're very happy so I can't understand why I would have nightmares for? So, I was wondering if anybody else has suffered from the same at this stage of pregnancy?
xx

I'm about 6 days behind you and keep having nightmares too. They're about things that I'm not even aware that i'm thinking of. Like my DH dying etc and they're so vivid. I never used to have them before being pregnant so I can only assume it's the hormones! x

Yup, still do.. I actually just woke up from one. I believe it has a lot to do with us not being able to get into a deep sleep anymore, we stay in the REM (dream state). The bad dreams are from our anxieties/fears, not necessarily that we subconsciously think about either. I don't know a way to ease them, if there even is a way. Hang in there :hugs:

I don't have any answers as to why, but I also have very vivid bad dreams from time to time. Sometimes they are so bad, I wake up in a panic state until I realize that it was all just a dream. I can only guess it has to do with all these pregnancy hormones and the changes/stresses our bodies are going thru.

I rarely have these sorts of dreams when I'm not pregnant. Just know, you are not alone.

I still have nightmares as well as just strange dreams. Last night included knife fighting with Jaguar Paw from the movie Apocolypto, a movie date with a middle school boyfriend and my son being born with his teeth already in.

Aw thanks all :) It's not a very nice thing to have, I guess it's just another one of those things :/ Although thinking about it I guess because of having to pee 4-5 times every night up until a couple of weeks ago I don't think I've had chance to have any deep sleep for the last few months, not being able to get comfy properly and the slightest whine from my dog and I'm awake so I suppose your bodies just getting ready to have a baby to get up for :) Interesting stuff I think, but blimey some of the nightmares put a downer on my mood when I wake up! xx

That's interesting, PierceWife of the 'nicest' weird nightmares that I've had one of them was that I had a baby girl (we don't know what we're having yet!) who also had all her teeth? It may be from an article I read in the newspaper a while ago about a baby who was born with teeth though?! :wacko:

I had what I would usually call a nightmare last night but strangly I actually feel comforted by it!!

In my dream DH and I decided to seperate - sort of in a similar way to christina and owen in greys anatomy, as in still totally love eachother but realised that we arent really suited. And in my dream DH went on and got engaged to another woman, but every time we saw eachother we would have these really long, intense hugs where we just couldnt let eachother go - nothing sexual but comfort in eachothers company. And thats what happened throughout my dream, it was us meeting together after time apart and just having a huge intense hug.

Normally this kinda dream would freak me out (I hate dreams where DH and I split up), but this one just made me feel comforted, all those amazing close cuddles from the person I love the most in the world.

Nightmare sufferer here. Had changed to just very real but strange dreams so I started to feel comfortable and THEN I watched World War Z and had the very world night of nightmares that I've ever had, DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->