Nightmares out of nowhere :(

ReReKitty

Reaction score
I'm going to talk about my freaky nightmares in this post, so if you are reading this at night or just don't like to hear about frightening-ish things, pass this one on. I'm just really freaked lol. <3

:cry: There's no way I'm sleeping tonight.

I never get nightmares. Sure, I get the occasional suspenseful or sad nightmare, but not scary ones. 0.0 The past two nights I've had nightmares for the first time since I was little about ghosts or demons or something and I feel like such a child. Last night was especially scary- I was hearing a little girl (she was a ghost) talking in my baby monitor, my LO is only 3 months old. The girl (through the monitor) told me she was twelve and her name was Genevieve- my hometown lol- and she wanted to show me something. I was like duhh okayyy :dohh: and when I went up to LO's room it looked all old timey and a little girl was there brushing her long black hair in front of a mirror and really messing with her face and hair as if she thought she was ugly, screamed like a banshee at the mirror and jumped out of the window! (3rd story room). Then I woke up because it was so real, it looked exactly like LO's room! :( And the night before I had a dream I went to a pool and it was REALLY murky and gross but I wanted to jump in. I looked next to the pool and LO was in her swing near the edge of the water and I thought something was wrong and ran up to her and all of a sudden it was just an old man sitting next to the pool but he was unresponsive just staring at me. I ran inside and some demonic creepy woman was killing my OH and sister and I woke up, but it was a lie wake-up. I was still dreaming but thought I was awake and I was in the living room waking up my OH to tell him about my nightmare (remember, still dreaming) and as I explained the creepy woman to him I felt my tongue go numb and my eyes roll back and I was being possessed by her. She (I) started chanting some weird language in like a 3 tone voice with my hands on his shoulders. In the dream, it was killing him. Anyway, I woke up for real crying and my tongue was numb. I was probably chewing on it or something in my sleep but I was so freaking scared. :cry:

Both times (last night, night before) I had to call OH's cell phone in the middle of the night (separate rooms and I was too scared to move) to sit with me for a couple minutes so I could calm down. I am so embarrassed :blush: I don't know why I'm suddenly having nightmares, but those were really scary. I don't believe in ghosts but walking around the house has me looking over my shoulder constantly the past couple of days, especially if LO is staring off. So creepy. :( What could make these nightmares come out of nowhere like this? Ugh!!!

Sorry for rambling, I'm just a scaredy pants. :blush: :dohh: :cry:

Omg that is scary... Are you stressed or got something on your mind? Sometimes that could be a reason to be having nightmares.
Lets hope tonight's a better night for you :hugs:
x

That does sound really scary hun and I can totally relate. I've suffered with nightmares and night terrors for a long time. Since having my LO, they all seem to centre around him. Like, I can't get to him or I've left him somewhere. I wake up absolutely terrified and drenched in sweat. Mine are connected with stress and anxiety, even if I don't feel very worried or anxious in my day to day life.

Has something happened recently to trigger it? It could be something that seemed insignificant at the time. Last time I had a nightmare was when LO fell and grazed his head. I must have felt like I couldn't protect him and this manifested itself in a dream where I couldn't get to him.

I hope you can get some sleep tonight xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->