Nightmares

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Anyone else being plagued by nightmares in second tri? I remember having weirdo dreams with DD but nothing that compares to these awful nightmares. Often I dream of mc and I wake up horrified thinking it's already happened. I had a loss in August, and although it was early it still is on my mind

Yes, I don't think they are nightmares as much as dreams that get me very stressed, so stressed I wake up and they seem so real I take a while to readjust to reality again. They are not nice and I have them every night meaning I feel shattered as my sleep is so disturbed. I'm happy I've not had and baby or loss dreams yet, but in one I was having to save my cat from drowning which was really upsetting. Xx

I went through a phase of some horrible dreams. There was a topic not long ago where people were discussing it, it seems very common! Another one of those weird pregnancy things! Mine seem to have passed now but I still get really vivid dreams. Way more than normal! I think it's partly because my sleep cycle is a lot more restless. Not particularly pleasant having horrible dreams but sadly, absolutely nothing you can do about them :( hope they get less frequent for you!

At least I'm not alone in having strange dreams, although I'm bothered that mine are so dark about loss. Perhaps because it's a worry of mine and it's heavy in the back of my head. Hopefully I'll get to where you ladies are of having less stressful dreams, yet still vivid.

Since I've been pregnant I have had vivid dreams every single night. I keep telling my husband that I'm so tired because every night is an adventure (that and getting up every 1-2 hours to pee). I have had a few terrifying ones, where I've had to wake up and read for a bit before being able to go back to bed. Unfortunately, I think it's just one of those things that comes with the territory. There have been a few times though, where I've actually had to ask my husband or friends if such and such happened or not, because I can't differentiate a dream vs a memory lol. It has gotten me some weird looks, that's for sure!

Ugh, I'm so sorry you're being plagued by nightmares about that... I get awful, vivid nightmares throughout second, sometimes also third, tri, too. It's awful!! Try to face your emotions and fears and see if that helps the nightmares go away. :)

Yep, but I dream about some pretty f*cked up stuff when I'm not pregnant too :haha:

I'm so flipping tired between school, keeping house and chasing my 2 year old I don't remember my dreams 90% of the time when not pregnant :haha: My head hits the pillow then it's daylight! Pregnancy dreams are nasty stuff.

Yes me too! Awful nightmares most nights :(

Sarah

Speaking of nightmares, I had one I can only laugh at this morning. I have huge phobia of birds (weird I know) and last night I had a dream that two chickens were stalking me and attacking me from above! I was so upset and frightened in my dream that I woke up actual tears running down my face and shaking like a leaf! I had to get put the light on and check there were no chickens in my bedroom!

In the bright light of day, I can now only laugh but pregnancy dreams are something else!

Speaking of nightmares, I had one I can only laugh at this morning. I have huge phobia of birds (weird I know) and last night I had a dream that two chickens were stalking me and attacking me from above! I was so upset and frightened in my dream that I woke up actual tears running down my face and shaking like a leaf! I had to get put the light on and check there were no chickens in my bedroom!

In the bright light of day, I can now only laugh but pregnancy dreams are something else!

Oh gosh, that's terrible and hilarious at the same time! Totally makes sense having to click on the light to check for chickens:haha: The dark makes my mind run wild. Last night I had my first vivid dream that wasn't scary/sad! I dreamed we were having a boy, so I'm curious! And hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->