Nighttime Calf Cramping! Noooooo!

oh nooo!!! I'm not sure if I knew this was a pregnancy symptom... that sucks! I used to get them when I was a teenager and they were awful! I generally try not to sleep with my legs bent in case. I used to have to flex my foot and stand up for a bit. Rubbing my calf seemed to help a bit too!

what causes them? (just curious!) x

I'm really not sure what causes them, but it has been a pregnancy symptom for me. I got them in my second pregnancy and had one so far this time... At least I'm glad I didn't have a second one yet! Dr. told me today that taking magnesium supplements probably wouldn't help, it's just part of the pregnancy experience for some women... And that her recommendation is some stretches before bed, and warmth on the muscles so they're relaxed going in.

Hmm did she say why? Or if it would hurt for you to try? I'm curious since my doctor put me on it for that purpose and it did seem to help so immensely. Maybe it was coincidence? I did see a lady in first trimester was taking it for general cramping and said it was helping her a ton. If you don't think it would help, it's all good. I'm just curious :) if it's potassium related, maybe I starting eating more of that at that point without realizing it too lol

She must be under the impression that it's one of those not-real-medical-advices but really she could very well be completely wrong. And if it were to help, either because of coincidence, placebo, whatever, helping is helping! lol If I start having them regularly I will try and see for myself I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->