Nighttime Engorgement

sunnylove

Reaction score
Occasionally my LO will sleep 12 hours straight (10pm-10am). Of course when I wake up at 8am I am about to explode. I feed him when I wake up (put him back to sleep) and then pump afterwards since he only eats from one breast.

I am wondering how this is going to affect my supply?? I am not willing to wake up in the middle of the night to pump but I'm worried my supply is going to decrease.

This is how I built my stash up :thumbup: I'd pump from one side only and when my daughter woke up, I'd feed her from the Dolly Parton side :haha:
I've found that a baby's demands for milk ebb and flow like the sea: growth spurt definitely encourages milk production, the rest of the time the milk production slows down a bit to just what the baby needs. Just make sure to always feed on demand :)

I needed the freezer stash so I pumped that one side every morning for almost 5 months and stopped a few weeks before I went in the hospital for my surgery. I didn't want to be TOO engorged after an 7 hour surgery :wacko:

Think of it as a just-in-case stash :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->