Nipple pain with letdown

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand the problem but it makes no sense.

My right nipple (I use a nipple shield on this side) hurts A LOT during letdown. As the nursing session progresses there's less pain. The nipple doesn't have any visible damage.

However, I noticed that if I nurse immediately after a shower it doesn't hurt at all.

Also this side almost always leaks when I nurse on the other side.

Anyone know what this could be and if I can do anything other than a hot shower? Applying a warm water pouch doesn't do much anymore.

Both of my nipples pinch and hurt like crazy during letdown! So bad that I can't even touch them. No idea what to do about it. :/

That really sucks, so sorry you're going through that.

I feel if both my nipples hurt like this i probably wouldn't have been able to continue to breastfeed!

I felt a pinching pain in my nipples during letdown for a while. Now its mostly just a tingle throughout my breast. Sometimes I feel nothing, other times its still quite painful (just not the nipple anymore). Are your nipples still sore at all any other times... it seems that when the general soreness wore off, it was less painful during letdown for me.

Also, at 3 months in, the breast not being nursed is still usually pretty leaky. I don't think that has much to do with the soreness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->