NIPT results

Congrats on your little boy! Did your NIPT results give you an actual percentage or a 1 out of ____ number? I know they actually skew your chances based on your age as well as your bloodwork - so if you are over 35 (?) they automatically raise your positive percentage rate regardless of your bloodwork.

Either way, every single DS mom says their kids are the sweetest, greatest kids! It’s true they can have more health problems, but I think with modern medicine the way it is, most kids can live long and healthy lives even with the diagnosis.

I hope your amnio goes well!

We got to see the actual test results today. Our chance is 1/68.

We got to see the actual test results today. Our chance is 1/68.

So what my midwife told me when I was having my first is that your results are personal to you - so it’s not that you have a 1 in 68 chance of all women to have a DS baby, but that if you were to have 68 children - 1 would likely have DS. I’m assuming what she told me is accurate, but I found it encouraging because obviously no one is having that many kids, so your chances of a healthy baby are actually quite good!

Anyhow hopefully that helps a bit, I hope you can have a stress free couple of weeks while you wait :)

Update: The initial FISH test results from the Amnio are in. They confirmed that our baby does have down syndrome. I am feeling sad and scared about his future. Just praying he is otherwise healthy and doesn't have any major issues like a heart defect.

@JAJuly2013, oh honey sending so much love. I am glad you didn't have to wait longer for that answer. Will you find out about the other concerns during your anatomy scan? Praying so hard your boy is healthy in every other way.

@JAJuly2013, oh honey sending so much love. I am glad you didn't have to wait longer for that answer. Will you find out about the other concerns during your anatomy scan? Praying so hard your boy is healthy in every other way.

Thank you - yes we have the anatomy scan on Dec 21st. Praying the time goes by fast. Im feeling so anxious to see how he is doing!

Praying that you don't have to wait too long for the rest of the results ❤️

Your dear little boy is lucky to have you looking out for him so well. Hug your family lots and rest if you can, you are giving him the best chance anyone can, you and your family are the perfect place for him. Xx

I hope time passes quickly until your anatomy scan and all is well. Your sweet boy is so lucky to have a wonderful mama!

Thank you for the support and kind words, everyone! It means so much to me! My husband and I are coming to terms with the diagnosis and doing research. We are so excited to meet our sweet little boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->