NIPT -vs- Anatomy scan

Wishing_

Reaction score
I just did the NIPT, but my anatomy scan isn't until Dec. 30. Should I wait for the anatomy scan to have someone compare the gender? My fiance wants to do a gender reveal. I would rather wait until we get the blood results...

What did ya do/use?

I've had the NIPT test done in 2 pregnancies and the NIPT was accurate both times. The first time we used NIPT the gender was confirmed on the 20 week ultrasound. With my current pregnancy the gender was confirmed both by ultrasound and amnio at 15 weeks. I know NIPT can be wrong though so it's up to you. If it were me I wouldn't be able to wait lol
With both pregnancies we announced the gender after the NIPT.

I've had the NIPT test done in 2 pregnancies and the NIPT was accurate both times. The first time we used NIPT the gender was confirmed on the 20 week ultrasound. With my current pregnancy the gender was confirmed both by ultrasound and amnio at 15 weeks. I know NIPT can be wrong though so it's up to you. If it were me I wouldn't be able to wait lol
With both pregnancies we announced the gender after the NIPT.

I may just go with the NIPT. Everyone and I are impatient. We just want to start buying things for him or her already!

Thank you ladies! I'm so impatient and anxious! I'm going to try to relax by looking at nursery wall stickers. I think we agreed that if its a girl it'll be unicorns & the jungle/ forest animal if its a boy.
My girls love unicorns! Good choices!

Thank you ladies! I'm so impatient and anxious! I'm going to try to relax by looking at nursery wall stickers. I think we agreed that if its a girl it'll be unicorns & the jungle/ forest animal if its a boy.

I hope you can stay distracted and the time goes fast.
They sound like lovely ideas for nursery wall stickers :)

This is the longest 72 hours ever! I paid the $349 early today. Results should be on my tomorrow morning!!

Nothing. They told me it was an error. That it'll take 14-20 days ](*,):evil:

Turns out the biller who collected the payment lied to me. The test they received and I paid for was the carrier screening test. They never received the NIPT test. So now I have to redo it at the end of the month. Hopefully, tomorrow's scan tells us what we're having.

Turns out the biller who collected the payment lied to me. The test they received and I paid for was the carrier screening test. They never received the NIPT test. So now I have to redo it at the end of the month. Hopefully, tomorrow's scan tells us what we're having.

Oh WOW! I'd be livid! Fingers crossed you can see the goods at your scan!

Nothing. The baby wasn't having it today. She said it may be a girl.

As for th carrier screening test, my fiance needs to get tested which means they found something, and it's giving me anxiety. Think I can call Natera to find out what they found?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->