Nitrofurantoin help!

Gizzyy

Mummy to Izzy <3
Reaction score
Hi,
I did something a little stupid this morning. I was prescribed Nitrofurantoin for a previous UTI and I researched that it was ok in pregnancy and alot of women on here seem to have taken it ok. It states that you shouldn't take it in the last trimester though.. So I took it this morning as I was in pain with this UTI i'm pretty sure it's that as I need a wee constantly and it burns a bit. I tried to ring up DRs and i can't get an app until ages away so I was desperate but I looked at the bottle and it was prescribed to me in aug 2012 :( Will this harm me or my baby if it's out of date? Urgh :(

If anything it should just lose it's efficacy!! just ask the Dr, but I'm sure it will be ok! good luck hun!

Thanks hun :) I was just in a panic as I've had UTI before and it spread to my kidneys and trying to get a DR app here is like trying to get blood out of a stone! I made sure i researched that it was safe but didn't realise it was out of date till i took it. That should be ok if it just loses it's effectiveness then. x

I would say that if it is out of date it just won't have much of an affect on the UTI. If it is safe to take in pregnancy then the fact that it's out of date won't make it any more likely to harm your baby :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->