Nixon for a boy - UK/Aus/NZ moms?

Kiwi_Jen

Reaction score
We've had no luck coming up with a boy's name. Our first is Jackson Gale (Gale is a family name on DH's side).

For the second I wanted to have a name from my side of the family, either my last name, Steel, as a middle name, or we were thinking or using my grandmother's maiden name, Nixon as a first name. We could call him Nick or Nix for short. I was very close with my grandmother growing up.

However, I know that for a lot of people Richard Nixon comes to mind when they hear Nixon. Is this the case for non-US moms as well? I don't know if it's going to be such an issue when he grows up, surely his peer group won't have such a strong association with it? It's unlikely we'll ever move back to the States, but may move to Canada at some point (currently in NZ)

it does come to mind but I wouldn't let that deter you, presidential names are strong and masculine

Nixon Steel is super masculine lol but goes really well with Jackson Gale

I did think that - but immediately thought he would be called Nick... and it's unique and I agree with pp - masculine. I really like it xx

Im from Canada, I think Nixon is pretty unique. The only reason I think of the president is because of the movie with Kirsten Dunst. Otherwise Im not educated at all on past US (or other countries) leaders.

I dont know much about the President Nixon other than that a movie was made about him, but I think he name itself is cool and wouldn't let that deter you. Also a huge plus that the name has meaning to your family.

I have to say I did think Richard Nixon straight away

I think that's a solid choice and goes well with Jackson Gale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->