NN for Darian

Arianna_h

Reaction score
My boys are Darian and Dariush (Darius).

My DH and I love their names, and our family as well. But someone said their names are too similar. So, I want a NN for Darian just in case it becomes an issue when they go to school. They are not twins, 2.5 years apart.

What do you think of Rian or Ian as a NN for Darian?

sorry im confused - so are these your children's names?

example:

Dariush - 5
Darian - 2 and a half

:dohh: Umm I'm sorry...Did you not realize they are basically the same name? Is it a surprise that they're similar??

Sorry...but, really... :nope:

Regardless...I'd call him Rian (which is a completely different name anyways...)

:dohh: Umm I'm sorry...Did you not realize they are basically the same name? Is it a surprise that they're similar??

Sorry...but, really... :nope:

Regardless...I'd call him Rian (which is a completely different name anyways...)

We are Persian and the names are two different names with different pronunciation and meaning. I asked for your opinion regarding a NN, not your Lovely respond about our choice of names. Next time maybe you can ask about the reason the names were picked and the background before you respond with a "sorry....but, really..."

BTW, if you google the names together, you will see that there are many brothers with the names Darian and Dariush.

Just to say Darian is a lovely name :) thats the choice we are having if I have a little boy as its a spanish name xx

Ian possibly? If they're pronounced differently I personally wouldn't worry too much.

Actually, I know someone who's half-American and half Persian. His middle name is Darian but his "Persian name" his Dariush. It's actually a really nice name when you hear it pronounced.

As for a nickname, call him Dare. Like I Dare you. Lol I'm sure kids will think it's cool.

They'll call him cute nick names like Dare-bear. "Hey where's Dare?!" That way you still keep his name Darian close to his nickname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->