No AF but a string of BFNs

MerryBe

Mom of 18mo DD
Reaction score
This is our 5th cycle TTC #2, and I'm on CD35 - typically I have 29-day cycles. I took one of the cheapie .88 Walmart tests on CD29 and CD30, then took a First Response Gold Digital on CD31 and CD32 - all negative. But AF still hasn't showed up...
I feel very much like I did the first few weeks when I was pregnant with DD - a few bouts of light nausea every day, really sensitive to smells (sometimes smells that aren't even there, according to DH), had a few headaches, some bleeding in my nose, lots of creamy cm. But after the gauntlet of negative tests at the end of last week and over the weekend, I've taken about all the heartbreak I can take... but at the same time I want to knoooooowwwww!
I know it'd probably save me the heartbreak to just not test unless a whole week more goes by with no AF, and I keep thinking that SURELY one of those tests would have picked up something by now -- I don't know when I O'd, but I'm sure that if it were later than CD20 or so we'd be out for this month (hubby had a crazy work week after that). Still -- that would make me 12dpo, and I thought something would have showed up by now on a test!
Is it worth it to bother testing again or should I just try to be strong and not test until AF finally happens?

I say stop testing and start temping. I know it's hard to know without previous info, but you can get a general gist of whether your temp is on the higher side of not. Then, it if dips you'll know af is coming. If it doesn't, test again in a few days. Did you confirm ovulation? Or are you just going off of cycle length?

That's an awesome idea! It helps just knowing that there's *something* I can do to get any idea of what's going on. Had another negative this morning with fmu. I had just been going by how my previous cycles have been -- up until now, I've been thinking that my schedule is to erratic to temp, but I think I'm going to start after this cycle just so I'll have more information to go on and hope that'll help me be less frantic when things like this happen! Thanks so much for the reply :)

For some tests depending on sensitivity won't show anything until you're 2 weeks late. Stay strong and wait another week. It takes time for hormones to reach a good level. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"