No bottle after a year!!!

I took Daisy's bottle at just before 11 months. She didn't need it, she drinks fine out a cup, and I'd prefer not to rot her teeth. It knocks me sick when I see a 3-4 year old drinking juice out a bottle. My mum is a nursery teacher and the number of kids she sees with tooth decay is disgusting.

I took Daisy's bottle at just before 11 months. She didn't need it, she drinks fine out a cup, and I'd prefer not to rot her teeth. It knocks me sick when I see a 3-4 year old drinking juice out a bottle. My mum is a nursery teacher and the number of kids she sees with tooth decay is disgusting.

kids/babies shouldn't drink juice anyways. it makes kids fat. a piece of fruit is much more healthy than juice. kelana gets a bottle of water

I cut the teats off Poppy's bottles the day after she turned 1. She wasn't taking any milk anyway, so was just having water in them.

and wait... yes i do give Poppy sugarfree juice!! :shock:

1 is a little early IMO. For us anyway. They still need milk at this age... Noah has water (from a cup... can drink with or without a lid) at mealtimes and milk in a bottle to go to sleep with. He has 2, sometimes 3 a day of 7oz. One before bed, one at his afternoon nap and occasionally one at his morning nap. I think pretty soon I'll cut out the afternoon one (because he can go to sleep without it) and give him 7oz milk in a cup with his lunch instead :thumbup: Hopefully get him off the before-bed one by 18 months and give him 7oz in a cup before bed instead. I recently cut out his nighttime/early morning one which was pretty easy, he'd search around next to my bed where it normally was and go "bot bot! bot bot!" but wasnt too fussed and I just give him a drink of water when he wakes up now. He has 12 teeth so sooner rather than later really. Juice in a bottle is something I cant STAND though, especially when the kid is old enough to run around holding the bottle in their teeth by the teat

My friend keeps asking me when I'm going to give LO "baby juice" as she gives it to her baby. I never know how to answer politely.

My friend keeps asking me when I'm going to give LO "baby juice" as she gives it to her baby. I never know how to answer politely.

That is a tough one isn't it. I don't give my kids juice either and they are happy with water and milk. On occasion I might add a splash of ginger beer or sugar free lemonade to their water. That is about once a month if we have guests for dinner etc. They generally are not that bothered for that either. My niece had a big bottle of juice from 1 year old. I have to say it made me cringe but not my child, not my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->