no definate movement at over 17 weeks??

happygal

mum of 3
Reaction score
morning everyone :hugs: i know im probably just being paranoid(not at all like me lol)but this is my 2nd baby, im 17+4 today and i still havent felt her moving :nope: a few weeks ago i thought i felt a few flutters but theres been nothing since. is this normal? I know my little lady is moving about and kicking alot coz when we went for our gender scan last week we saw her doing it, and ive been watching it every day since on the dvd but i want to feel it!! i would of thought id of felt something by now. anyone else on baby number 2 and still not feeling anything?x

This is my first baby so i dont know about movement for a second but id say 17 weeks is still pretty early isnt it? As always id say ring your MW if worried :) x

Hi, this is my first too, but I didnt feel a thing til about 18+5 x

hi hun. this is my second baby and like you i was worried as i felt flutters around 16 weeks and then little to nothing. THEN bang on 19 weeks it all kicked off lol. so try not to worry hun, plenty of time. :hugs:

It may be that your placenta is in a different place than from last time? So if its at the front movement may well me muffled for you xx

thanks everyone. ive been telling myself that im not allowed to worry untill i reach 21 weeks, if i still havent felt anything by then then i will mention it to my mw. what is it about being pregnant that makes you worry about every thing lol x

I am nearly 19 weeks with my 2nd baby and have hardly felt a thing. A few sporadic flutters at night but nothing strong, also a little worried. Hopefully the next few weeks will bring lots of thumps and kicks!!

Hiya this is my 4th after a 16yr gap and i only started feeling flutters at 18wks but from about 20wks started to feel more, now im 24wks he wont stop moving around :haha: so nothing to worry about sweetie xx

if your worried get it checked out hun peace of mind etc x

I felt my last baby at 14 weeks but this time around I have a clump of fibroids in the way so I waiting for the popcorn pops still. Apparently, this is very common my dr. said. Also, you may have an anterior placenta. Try not to worry!

Im 21wks and still hardly ever feel movements (this is my 2nd baby & I felt my 1st one at 14wks!!) my placenta is anterior (at the front) so although my baby is moving around the placenta is muffling the sensations... this could be what is happening with you too hun :hugs: but you are still quite early to be feeling regular movements anyway so I wouldnt worry if I were you xx

you had your scan which showed all okay so im sure you are fine hun xxx

Hey hun, this time with my 2nd i felt little flutters from 16 weeks, and then proper little kicks and jabs from about 18 weeks. Now she never stops moving at 22 weeks, lol

I'm sure you'l start feeling her properly soon!

Hun, don't worry - I'm on 17w5 on my 4th preg and still feeling nothing! I'm so impatient too which doesn't help, just want to be kicked!!!

i didnt feel mine till19 weeks, and today he kicked me so hard it made me jump!

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm 17+4 and so far I've just had a few flutters, which could be gas or baby, I'm not sure which!!

I'm not going to worry until I have my 20 week scan (which is booked for 22 weeks due to xmas / new year....) But if you are feeling worried you can always call your mw, that's what they're there for. xx

I was in the exact same boat as you just a few weeks ago. It's my second and I felt flutters a couple times around 15-16 weeks, and that was it. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I was starting to worry too as I thought once I started feeling flutters that I would continue to, had to wait a little bit for the next appointment, where she picked up the heartbeat and movement, and I was much relieved. Still didn't feel anything for a bit more, then last week really, is when it started to happen and now I feel flutters and definite thumps everyday, at some point or another. Some days a bit more than others, but it's definitely kicking off now. So for me it was around 19 weeks or so.

I was just about to reply saying "don't worry, all will be fine, women feel baby movement at different times and at first it is sporadic anyway" when I realised that Im basically trying to convince my self of that too! LOL! I felt quite a lot of movement last week (I am 17 weeks today) but the last few days Ive felt nothing and Ive been worried too. But most of the sites ive looked at say that there is no regular pattern to a baby's movement at this stage, and that the movement will come and go. So I dont think we have anything to worry about. So we should both thry not to worry...

Also- think about all the other things you have worried about that have turned out fine. I worried that I wouldnt see anything at the 12 weeks scan, and that was fine. Then I worried about my blood tests and they went fine. Then I worried that I wouldnt hear the babies heartbeat at the MW appointment, and that was fine. Im sure all is okay, if anything was wrong I am sure you would know about it. :) keep smiling and good luck!

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->