No energy, no appetite and gaining weight?!?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I am finding that I want to sleep all the time - like I can sleep till 1 or 2pm, even if I have gone to bed at like 10pm. I have no appetite, but I am eating as I figured it would give me energy so I wouldn't want to sleep. It's not happening :(.

I am also putting on weight :(. Which I think is starting to affect my joints. I know they are still recovering from the birth, but I had a C-Section, so there wasnt as much strain on my joints. I have this horrendous pains in my legs and hips when I wake up - like actually IN my legs. So bad that I can barely stand in the morning.

I am going to make an appointment at the doctors as I am thinking this is not right. I had bad leg pain before but I got x-rayed and it was fine............ All my friends that have had babies have ended up with an under active thyroid and I am worried this will happen to me. :wacko:

Sorry you feel so crap!

It sounds like an underactive thyroid to me. I had one after giving birth to my first baby. I had hashimotos disease. Its where the immune system goes wild and attacts the thyroid gland and leaving you with an underactive thyroid. 1 in 100 women will develop it after giving birth.

Other symptoms
dry hair and skin
constipation
hair falling out
very tired with no energy
foggy brain
gaining weight.

Im fine now but I have to take a thyroid tablet daily.

Glad your getting a check up, it takes a simple blood test to find out. They test for antibodies and also thyroid levels.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Forgot to mention I left it for ages without going to a doctor and I ended up with a goiter. Dont wait like I did suffering unnecessarily.

OMG I was just coming on here to post about this and I did a search for "thyroid" to see what popped up. I'm glad I did. I've been really run down lately. With me it's not necessarily sleepy like I could sleep all day (I'm a sleeper anyway, I've been known to sleep in WAY past noon before) but I actually feel weak, like my body is really sluggish. I've had headaches, and like I said, I've just felt really run down. I thought it was allergies or sinus issues because of the headache thing. Then I noticed bruises on my legs and arms that I couldn't remember bumping into anything that would have caused them. My hair has been falling out like MAD, but I attributed that to just having my LO. My brain just doesn't seem to want to work right. I'll be in the middle of a story, and be like "wait, what was the point of me telling you this story?" Which I also attributed to just having a baby. Also, I've been known to ramble and get off topic very easily anyway. It wasn't until I noticed the bruises that I thought something might be wrong. I thought maybe anemia and posted on a health message board and someone suggested it might be my thyroid too. Hashimoto's is what she mentioned too. I did a little research on it and it said if you have diabetes, you're more likely to develop it, especially after pregnancy. Well, I had gestational diabetes, but I don't see what the difference would be. So maybe that contributed to it too?
I think I'm going to get a doctors appointment next week.

Ugh, still havent called the docs :(. Its the thought of the energy needed to actually get there that is stopping me - bad I know!

I slept for about 15 hours the other day - and now have a seriously screwed up body clock to show for it!! Hense this post at stupid o'clock. I am going to stay up all day to see if it rights it.

I have had energy the past 2 days, but I still fell not right. Been getting sharp pains near my c-section scar and basically what feels like right up inside me, a few which made me jump, and strangely when OH and I did it the other night I couldnt really feel him in me, whe usually it feels like its TOO big. And he commented that today I look thinner - I have been peeing like a race horse the past 4 days as well (maybe kidney infection? But not in pain), and still achy all over.

I honestly feel like a shadow of my former self - albeit a large one!!

Your poor things. Its really tough to not feel yourself especially when you have a little one to look after!! If the doc says it is thyroid, then the meds will make you feel a whole lot better. Thyroid probs can really mess with a persons bod.

Take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"