no fetal pole?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
had a scan today. was expecting to be around 7/8 weeks goinf bt lmp but the lady said im around 5 weeks. There is a yolk sac but not fetal pole. im going back in two weeks.
is this normal? am I likely too miscarry? is it possible ill go back in two weeks and be further along than they have said today? x

It's hard to say my love! When did you get your 1st positive pregnancy test?? You would have concieve 3 weeks ago if they think your 5 weeks along does this sound possible? Hoping you've just got your dates wring hun xx

Absolutely. I had the same experience. Thought i was 6+5 and scan showed a 4 week scan with little else. 8 days later baby measured 6+6 with a perfect heartbeat. 5 weeks is too early to see much, the fetal pole should start growing this week x

erm its possibly possible lol. my last 'period' was the 20 march. we dtd several timea between the 22-28 april but havent done it since x

my first positive test was 9 days ago x

I would say it's very possible your still just a little bit early then hun! Hopefully you'll see more developments at next scan x

My sister had this happen to her! I can't remember if she was there for her five or six weeks scan to check heartbeat. There was no fetal pole. She came back a couple days later and the baby was fine. She is now a vibrant, beautiful little three-year-old! Sometimes it is just too early to see! Keep your head up, I'm sure everything is fine :)

I had an ultrasound at like 5w and 1 day and no fetal pole. Two days later, at w different doctors office it was there. I think you're fine. Good luck.

I went in for ultrasound at 5.5 weeks. Could hardly see a fetal pole and made me very nervous. They couldn't tell me anything. They wanted to see me back in a week to check progress. I went back 10 days later and baby looks great. Measured at almost 7 weeks and got pictures printed out. They gave me a due date and everything. You're just a little early to get the scan. Next time you go back, you'll see good progress.

I had a similar experience Beth on Thursday. Went in for a scan (as had some bleeding) thinking I was 6wks + 4 days. They found a sac and yolk sac, but nothing else. They think I am much earlier than calculated, and have booked me for another scan on 2nd June.

It's a long wait, but having looked through my calendar there's a possibility I could only be 5wks (dtd between 21st - 27th April). I'm really hoping that's the case!

Fingers crossed for you, hope your next scan goes well xx

Just updating. Had another scan yesterday. Saw the heartbeay and im 7w4d :)

Great news Beth! We saw ours too, turned out I was 7wks 1 day x

I've been there! Went for an early scan, was told I most likely had a blighted ovum--no fetal pole, measuring behind. Went back two weeks later and everything was perfect! A very rough two weeks. Try and take it easy and relax. Xx

Do you know when you ovulate? what are your cycles like?
my last cycle before this one was 29 days long but this one I ovulated on day 27. I had my 7 week scan according to my lmp and saw a 4-5 week sac. Nothing else. Then at 8 weeks by my guess baby was 8+1. My midwife commented how much it had grown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->