No heartbeat but baby measuring up to date since last scan, how is this even possible

floborg

Reaction score
I had a scan last week and baby measured 4mm approx and the dr saw a heartbeat. This was due to bleeding. Bleeding progressed and I went back on thursday and the dr says the baby is gone, everything is gone.
I was like really....

Bleeding more or less stopped sunday (been spotting so little since sunday that it is hardly worth mentioning).
Went for a scan today and the dr saw a baby measuring 10mm but he couldnt see a heartbeat.
I saw the scan too but I thought there was so much movement on the scan overall I couldnt see anything.
And the baby measuring 10mm today is exactly how much it should of grown since last ultrasound.
The dr seemed so sure it is a miscarriage but also thought it was weird it measured up to date but said it could of died today.

Is it even possible to miss a heartbeat on a baby measuring 10mm?
Should I have any hope at all?

Hi Hun I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I don't know what the measurements need to be. All I know (from our case and researching) is that if they found a sac that was 25mm and no heartbeat then they confirm its a miscarriage. We didn't have any feutus at or scan only a sac ��so I can't comment really but I know other ladies will know. Despite Not having a feutus the pregnancy sac still grew between scans as I think they said that's due to the hormones. It's so tough, huge hugs. You will get loads of support from here I know x

Sorry not sure why two question marks have come up - I meant to do a sad face emoji x

How many weeks are you?
How mNy weeks were you on first scan?

We're both same type of scan (internal/external?) I think that's still quite early to write off the pregnancy tbf

Both were internal, they want me back tomorrow for another scan and give me pills.. To pass the fetus. I feel uneasy about this as I think they should at least take hcg tests and another scan in a few days, but it did have heart activity at the first scan, we had a good picture of it yesterday but still couldn't see a heart.

It's not looking good but I don't see how it can still produce hcg as it must be doing as my nausea is literally advancing every day but the bleeding and the cramps gotta be a sign that my body is trying to get rid of the fetus.

The dr yesterday seemed very sure there is no heartbeat.

Yeah unfortunately I still had symptoms too even Sfter baby had died. Big hugs x

My symptoms are not only there but has gotten worse, I'm one step away from vomiting.
So all hope is out then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->