No heartbeat on Doppler...

pookied

Mum to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
Hey everyone I've moved over from first trimester today :) I can't believe I'm here again :)
I have a question to ask at 11 weeks I found baby on Doppler and a few times after then I had my scan last Friday, baby all good. However I'm not able to find heartbeat on Doppler now but I'm wondering if this because my womb has moved up and I have a nice csection baby no1 over hang there that's why I'm not able to pick it up.

Hey everyone I've moved over from first trimester today :) I can't believe I'm here again :)
I have a question to ask at 11 weeks I found baby on Doppler and a few times after then I had my scan last Friday, baby all good. However I'm not able to find heartbeat on Doppler now but I'm wondering if this because my womb has moved up and I have a nice csection baby no1 over hang there that's why I'm not able to pick it up.

Hi and welcome to second tri! tbh it's still really early to be finding hb on a doppler. Mw's don't usually use them u til 16 ish weeks. If you are concerned though speak to your mw but I personally don't use one as you can get really hung up on it. x

From what I've heard, Dopplers can be very tricky to begin with and hard to use. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you are worried, you can call your OB. I don't have any experience with Dopplers, so I can't help. :(

A lot of it depends on where baby is, and how your bladder is. Normally a full bladder can help,but if baby likes to hang out low like my one does then searching right after emptying it can help. Really though try not to worry if you can't find it.

Can you hear movement, usually if I can't get the heartbeat I can at least hear baby moving around and kicking the doppler! If it were me I'd call my dr, but that's me, everything is probably just fine, I just wouldn't be able to rest not knowing!!! GL and keep us updated!

I'm 13 wks and 4 days.. i got my dopplar at 13 weeks and have found the heartbeat every day-- there's two really important things u must do if you are early in the second trimester in order to find it- 1. Use the dopplar on a FULL bladder and 2. Either use ultrasound gel, aloe vera, or some type of oil to lubricate the area. Also make sure u are searching low enough.. i cam hear my baby's heartbeat when the dopplar is litterally where the top of my public hair is. Good luck!

I find baby easier with empty bladder. He is hiding very low still. Just breath and relax. I'm not really using Doppler anymore as I can feel babe fluttering quite often now. And I know he doesn't like it because he often starts wriggling about and disappears when I catch him. Go slow with yr Doppler, don't slide too quickly from one to next point, just breath, change angle and listen. Try to systematically work your way down and up. You are early, so he'll be low down. Mine was always left side of pubic bone and sometimes just not there. Drink some orange juice as bebe might start kicking about & just maybe you can pick it up on the Doppler. X

This is why the midwives where I am locally advice against using dopplers at home because of the worry they can cause

A lot of home dopplers are for use after 16+ weeks

At 14 weeks baby is still very small and has a lot of room in there. I personally wouldn't worry.

PLEASE don't worry over this. It's still early. If it's causing you this much concern already I would honestly get rid of the Doppler. Once baby is regularly moving YHAT is your indicator that everything is ok. The heart beat is the last thing to go if the baby is failing.

I find mine easier with an empty bladder too! Actually this has been the case with all my babies x

My little one was so easy to find on Doppler at 9 weeks and then disappeared!!! It was as if something was blocking the Doppler from reaching the baby. I had placenta previa, and it really was blocking the Doppler unless baby was in the perfect spot. This was until very recently!!! Now that things have moved up a bit, baby is very easy to find on Doppler. I'm also 25 weeks along now!

You may also have an anterior placenta, which makes it difficult to find the hb on a doppler if the baby is right behind it. This happened to my doctor last time and he had to pull out the US machine to check on him.

Hi. Ladies thanks for your replies. I had been searching to low for heart beat baby moved up and found it last night :) just under my belly button. But I can feel my uterus has moved x

Great job pookied! Glad to hear. Sometimes our bodies just don't follow the text book my uterus is also quite high already!!! :)

They like to hide! I remember with my dd2, the gp took ages to find the hb and I was actually starring to get worried! Eventually he found it right round the side! That's a health professional as well who was originally a paediatrician! Glad you found it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->