No heartbeat :(

Lauren25xx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have seen my previous thread.

I am going out of my mind! I had a scan at 5+3 days and saw a yolk sac measuring perfectly to my dates. I was told to come back a week later. I was 6+3 and was sure I was going to see a heartbeat. However the ultrasound lady turned the screen away so I couldn't see and after a few minutes which felt like a life time... She said the yolk sac had grown to 6+2 which she was happy with but could not see a heartbeat. She said the pregnancy could go either way. My OH said he thought he saw the baby but wasn't sure because he didn't really know what he was looking for.

I was told to wait another week to see if the pregnancy progresses. I am going crazy... This is my 6th pregnancy. I have had 5 very early miscarriages.... Am I really that unlucky to have a mmc? :( :(

I have no symptoms either other than slightly sore breasts. Everything else has gone. I know this is the end but why me? What have I done to deserve this pain :'(

Sometimes heartbeats arent picked up until 7+ weeks, so you may find at your next scan, its there, good luck to you x

Oh hun I am so sorry. The only thing you can do at this point is stay positive. You could just not have any symptoms, I didn't my first trimester. Stay strong, many people don't see any heartbeat until they are 8 weeks along.

I might have asked this already, but was it vaginal or abdominal?

It's good the sac grew and is the right size- that's a good sign!
Sometimes a heartbeat isn't see until later on. They're SO tiny right now, one day they're not there, the next, bam, a baby and a HB!

I also wouldn't worry much about the symptoms, I hit 6+3 and bam- hit with horrible nausea. Some women are lucky and don't get anything, some women do get. Don't let that worry you- it is NOT a good indicator!

FX and keep us updated!

Thanks girls :) I am not holding out much hope due to my previous losses. My mum keeps telling me to stop being so negative... I'd rather go in there negative than all hopeful if you know what I mean. It was an internal scan, she did do an abdominal one before as well but said she would have a better chance seeing it internally... Which she didn't which worries me. Urgh I hate this wait :( x

Thanks girls :) I am not holding out much hope due to my previous losses. My mum keeps telling me to stop being so negative... I'd rather go in there negative than all hopeful if you know what I mean. It was an internal scan, she did do an abdominal one before as well but said she would have a better chance seeing it internally... Which she didn't which worries me. Urgh I hate this wait :( x

Massive hugs ((hugs))
I know how hard it is to believe and stay positive. I tell myself every day that this is a new pregnancy, a new baby, I just had bad luck before, and there is no reason this baby won't be my take home babe.
It's so hard after loss, especially believing that the baby is just taking his/her sweet time to grow. Every baby at their own pace! You'll hear loads of stories like yours- HB only seen later on, it's very common, but again, I know how hard it is to believe it- especially after what you've gone through.
PM me any time you want <3

(You got me all teary and emotional! I am crossing everything for you, and am so sure you'll get amazing news next scan! I am really feeling it :hugs:)

Hey hun, sorry you are going through all of this. I would not give up hope yet though, I know its hard but it could just be the little beans heart is not big enough to pick up yet. Fingers crossed for you xx.

I'm sorry you didn't see a heartbeat at your scan. You never know, you may get to your scan next week and see a nice strong heartbeat.
I can understand you feeling negative about it and your mum should be supporting you.
Sending you big hugs and lots of luck for your next scan xxx

You definitely have every chance of success that is such a borderline stage for heartbeat being visible, good luck :flower:

In the very early stages of this pregnancy we were very iffy...we heard a lot of "come back in a few days and we will just have to see." So I was on here and I read someone post something that helped them and was able to help me a great deal also. She would repeat to herself...I am happily pregnant until someone tells me otherwise. Keeping that as a mindset really allowed me to continue to enjoy the pregnancy each day instead of wasting it worrying about the worst.

I hope this helps you the way it helped me!

As the others said, don't lose hope yet Hun. I know it's so disheartening but it could still be too early, try and relax until the next scan :hugs: I'm wishing you all the best xx

I personally think you are going to be pleasantly surprised at your next scan. All signs point to a positive outcome.

I totally can relate to feeling negative. I've had four total losses and it's hard to stay positive when all you know is loss. With my current pregnancy, I've fought HARD to remain positive because I think positive attitudes create positive outcomes. So keep fighting through those scary horrible fears and stay positive. BIG HUG! :hugs:

Going in for my scan. I'm pretty sure the pregnancy has not progressed. I will update you all soon. Thank you all for your support :) xx

Good luck hun! :hugs: Make sure to let us know how it goes asap!

Thinking of you, good luck x x x

We saw baby and heartbeat! I was a week off so it makes sense why I didn't see anything before! I was so convinced I deleted all my pregnancy apps and everything! Woohoooooo still crying and shaking now xx

We saw baby and heartbeat! I was a week off so it makes sense why I didn't see anything before! I was so convinced I deleted all my pregnancy apps and everything! Woohoooooo still crying and shaking now xx

That is such amazing news!! I just knew everything would be ok!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->