No immunity to Rubella (German Measles)?

ChubbyBunny

Baby #1!
Reaction score
I was vaccinated as a child but my body has fought off the vaccination as my bloods came back negative for the antibody. I did some research and I guess this is a pretty bad illness to get while pregnant as it has serious effects on the fetus :( I don't recall every hearing of anyone having Rubella in the US, is this a prominant illness anymore?

Snap hun, I was told at my 25 week appointment I wasnt immune either,no its v.uncommon nowadays dont worry ! x

totally not prominent... it's one of those "if there's a case it's all over the news" sort of diseases...

I need to get one too right after baby is born - apparently whatever vaccine they were using for people who are about 20 - 30 is not as strong as the one given to people who are now 30+ or 19- (that's what my OB said) she told me not to worry, and that the chances of me getting it are basically nil - so while still in the hospital after babe is born, I'll get the shot and be good :)

I was induced because my Mum had rubella right at the end of her pregnancy but saying that I read a post on here saying their local hospital hadn't seen a case for over 10 years. It's not something I have ever heard of anyone getting and almost everyone is vaccinated these days so there isn't really many people that could infect you with it. I thought I wasn't immune until my bloods came back saying other wise but I wouldn't worry :hugs:

My bloods also came back that i am imune despite having the injection as a child and again following the birth of lottie! They said they just don;t think the vacination lasts long in my body so i will have to have it again after i have this baby! x

My bloodwork also came back negative. I'll be vaccinated again once I deliver the baby. I'm not too worried about it, but will definitely be cautious if I hear of any outbreaks in my area.

My grandmother had it when she was pregnant with her youngest (he is now in his 40's) and he was born hearing impaired.

Snap!!! I Was Vaccinated At School & Was Nw Told Im Not So Me Four Will Be Having A Jab When Buba Is Here..!! =] xxx

I was vaccinated, but have no immunity. I think it is mainly children that are affected, but it has become rarer in the countries with vaccination. I'd try to stay clear of children with rashes if you don't know what they may have. I wouldn't worry much about it.

(I have way more headache about toxoplasmosis, it's easier to get, have to be super-careful about what you eat, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->