No kissing!!

xblondiex

Reaction score
' not eveen here yet but im already worried about people kissing him and germs :( my family are the kissy type and my sisters 2 sons are always ill is it bad if i tell them i dont want anyone kissing the baby? I have a feeling they wont even listen anyway ands till go ahead and kiss him :( am i being selfish?

I don't think it's too much to ask anyone who's sick, especially the kids, to not kiss baby. I've already informed people if they're sick with anything to stay away until healthy because the last thing anyone wants is a sick newborn and mama.

That is your baby, you make all the decisions when it comes to protecting his health. I dont have any kissy people around me but I bought a strap-on, plush sign that says "before you touch, please wash your hands" (babies r us) and put it on her carseat. I know how random people just adore babies but that sign has deterred them since they really don't want to wash their hands just for a random baby.

I'm with you on this one! My OH gets terrible cold sores all the time because when he was a baby his mother kissed him while she had them. I seriously don't want anyone with so much as a itch or a sniffle to go near him when he's born, never mind smother him in germs which could inconvenience him for the rest of his life!
Struggling to think of a nice way to get that across to family though.

You're not being selfish at all.

no your not being selfish at all hun. it is recommended that NOBODY kisses baby on their face or hands. xx

Yeah I'd happily say no kisses, especially from children and all the bugs they catch.if they really 'need' to kiss say head or feet ;-)x

So glad im not the only 1. The kids can even look completely healthy and then u find out after uv kissed them goodbye that theyve been up all night throwing up so even if they seem well i dont want them kissing him maybe on the forehead will do but definitely not on the mouth. Its going to be hard to get this through to all of them as they always kiss their cousins on the mouth even from babies but their mother never cared about the babies getting sick :/ just an awkward situation x

Not selfish at all! Our pediatrician said no kids around newborns for 3 months- unless they are siblings. I stuck to this with dd and will with this one too, and don't care if people think I'm crazy. I had two pediatricians tell me this and both said newborns have a very tough time if they get sick early on. If you are worried about anything just tell people the doctor told you to follow certain rules!

No, definitely not selfish especially since it will be germ season(well over here it will be anyway). I don't want anyone besides myself, husband and daughter kissing/touching the new baby. Of course some people may think its rude but oh well its not their baby:thumbup:

Yea i guess it doesnt matter what anyone thinks aslong as babys ok :) they will just have to learn i guess x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->