No known dates!! Tripled hcg!? Help!! Sleuths needed!

hilz_85

Reaction score
Okay so, I haven't had a period in 2 years because I was pregnant with our daughter and am still breastfeeding her. At my annual appt they do pregnancy tests, it was negative. Two days later I felt funny and took another, still negative. Three days later Igot a strong bfp. So here'sthe breakdown:

February 10: Negative
February 12: Negative
February 15, Strong positive
February 15, blood work at 5 pm: HCG 167. (After a negative test 3 days ago!?
February 17, "" at 9 am (so a day and a half later): HCG 451!?

HOW is this possible!? I get two negatives and then 3 days later it's 167, then tripled in a day and a half!? What!?

I have no idea when I ovulate. I only have the negative tests to help me figure it out

I found the pregnancies where my hcg tripled between 48 hour early betas I was carrying suspected vanishing twin or a confirmed vanishing twin. Not to freak you out but tripling can means twins. I know pinkpassion and I both had twins, BUT Laila 44 had tripling hcg with us as well and she just has one.

As for dates, I was 137hcg at 13dpo and 43 at 11dpo with my last pregnancy so I would venture you are still early on.

Congrats!

As for the negative, if you were tripling then 3 days before your first positive could have been around 40 hcg. Keep in mind what is in your urine that early on May not match your beta. It takes up to 2-4 days for hcg to get into your urine versus your blood. Could be test sensitivity. Could be urine concentration...

Im fine with twins. I'd be over the moon, actually. I just know to have had two negative tests that close before my blood draw, they'd have to really be going up fast, right!? I have a scan on Tuesday. If I'm right, using the negative tests as indicators, my best guess would be that i would be about 4w 6d. Would we be able to see anything that early?

Honestly, I don't know at what point the sac shows up but I doubt you would be able to see anything at 4w6d. So if your scans pops up empty, do not get anxious. I was 5w2d and only had a sac. It just depends on the pregnancy. I find any scans in week 5 tend to be so drastically different. Someone in my TWW group just had a scan at 5w5d and didn't even see her sac, just a shadowy area where the gyn thinks the sac is forming. GL!

Oh btw that same friend just saw her sac and pole today after a few more days :). FXed all goes well tomorrow!

With daughter, I had my first beta at 4w6d and it was 18,762, and my OB said that even though my hcg was that high, he wouldn't expect much if anything on a scan that early. (though since I didn't have one I don't know for sure if we'd have seen anything or not) I went back the following week and had a scan and saw baby and hb. Good luck.

wow! sounds promising for twins. my first beta at 4 1/2 weeks was 59, lol. i had gotten negatives up until 2 days before. a week later it was almost 10,000 and i saw a yolk sac and gestational sac, a week after that i saw a baby with a heartbeat.

Wild! What kind of HPT did you use?

Is it possible it was just super faint on the negative days?

My first BFP was VERY faint on Feb 8... then got blood work at Feb 10 and the level was 26.

48 hours later it did triple to 78.

I still am unsure how far along I am because my periods are all crazy too but based on my levels and my calculations I think I am 5w5d today.

I'd venture to guess you are either pregnant with twins or that you are a singleton at around 4w3d or so...

I can't wait to hear how this turns out.

I had an appt today but no scan until Thursday!! Aaargh!! The first negative on Feb 10 was performed by the doctor's office at my annual exam, so I'm pretty sure they read it right. Lol The second was on the 12th with a sensitivity of 25 miu. It was definitely negative. At my appt today she said based on my betas she'd think I was a little further along than I'm guessing, but I KNOW I'm not because of the two negative tests!! I'm also super nauseous all the time now and I think I'm only 4w6d. Crossing my fingers hard for a double blessing!! ����������

Yup my hcg doubling time was 21 hours and I'm carrying one baby !

Oh I thought the tests were home pregnancy tests. The clinic tests are awful. I had a beta drawn literally right after I peed in a cup at Kaiser. The urine came back negative, not inclusive but straight negative. My beta came back at 47! So I don't trust the tests they use in doctor's offices.

Thinking of you today and wishing you all the best for your scan!

Scan today!! One baby! Gestational sac and yolk sac were visible, we go back next week to hopefully hear a heartbeat. This is perfectly in line with the time frame I was guessing, so no explanation for the crazy betas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->