No morning sickness bad?

Midnight_Fairy

New baby J
Reaction score
Ive honestly never been pregnant and NOT had nausea/hot flush and sickness, until now. A scan yesterday showed all was well and HB nice and present. However my anxiety is horrible. The MW said my anxiety could have over ridden any pregnancy symptoms. I honestly dont feel pregnant inbthe slightest. I googled and found this:

It’s only then, in the 8th week of pregnancy, that a lack of morning sickness predicts higher chances of a miscarriage, according to a prospective study that tracked symptoms of 2407 pregnant women from early in their first trimester.

I feel horrible now :( I hope that info is rubbish.

I know a woman who didn't even know she was pregnant until she was 13 weeks gone!

It's how your body copes with the hormones.

xx

with my son i had zero symptoms, the whole pregnancy i felt sick once when i was 8 months and nothing more than that really, he was 9lbs and as healthy as a horse! with my daughter i had a little bit of nausea, nothing to major and no sickness at all and she was a healthy 8lbs!

This time i feel a little bit iffy so far so good, no real sickness and reading up on women who get it really bad im counting myself lucky!

I am so anxious over why I don't feel pregnant and if it was a bad sign :(

I've never been sick or had any nausea even for a day in either of my pregnancies both of which have been completely normal.. Neither have my mum or mil. This pregnancy I had no symptoms until I got my bump at 20 weeks. It does make it more nerve racking but doesn't mean anything bad. If there was a clear link the midwives would have you under observation. Hope that helps

I had nothing (except extreme hunger) until about 8.5 weeks. That it lasted until 10.5 weeks and suddenly went away. Even when I had the "morning sickness" it wasn't like I thought it should be. It was more like food aversion with nausea at the thought of the wrong foods, and nausea if I didn't eat on time. No puking. (Maybe a little dry heaving when I brushed my teeth... which has persisted through my pregnancy, ugh.) By 11 weeks I was convinced more than ever that something was driving wrong. I was either carrying a blighted ovum or I was about to miscarry.... But then I had my scan and there was a perfect little baby there. That was about a week ago, and I just heard the heartbeat again 2 days ago. Everything is fine! My nausea/food session had picked up again over these last few days since I hit 12 weeks. Not sure what that's about, but I'm hoping it goes away soon.

When I asked other people about it, I was told that it can be very normal to ship morning sickness, and that I should count myself much. I was c also told that it may be a sign that I'm carrying a bit, since my first two were girls... but I can't verify that yet. In any case, I'll propose the same to you: it's definitely in the realm of normal and I'm sure everything is fine. :hugs:

Thank you all xx

I had a scan and the HB was present. Just nerve wrecking. I am bleeding slightly (confirmed cervical erosion) plus not feeling pregnant is very odd. Like is there really a baby? Really!? Nearly fainted when I saw on screen but I can not relax xx

I Can really identify with you I have extreme nausea and the one pregnancy I didnt have it I miscarried early on. I am also just waiting for that nausea, but you have seen a heart beat, which trumps the nausea x

I know it´s just an old wife´s tale but what genders are your kids?

With my boy I had no symptoms! None! ZERO! I was so stressed because I felt sure that there would be nothing in there when I went to the scan but now my bean is a happy 6 year old. :)

With my girl on the other hand! Nauseous and vomiting from 4 weeks to 16 weeks. :nope:

If it had been the other way around - the girl first - I would have been so anxious during the second pregnancy.

Now I am miserable, nauseous and the whole package so I can´t help but wonder.. another girl? :haha: But even though I have alot of symptoms I am still very anxious.. I think your bleed also affects you even though it is not harmful at all. Just all this stress with our precious cargo.

Try to enjoy not feeling miserable and have faith in your pregnancy. :hugs:

I've been pregnant a lot. I've had two with zero morning sickness. Two I had it for literally only weeks 6-7 and the last one I was sick from about the time I thought about having sex until the morning of his birth when I was STILL puking.

I had severe morning sickness and vomiting with my MMC - weeks 7 and 8. And then it suddenly stopped and turns out that's when the baby stopped growing. But the MS wasn't an indication things were fine as it ended in an MMC.

I am also waiting for MS to start but nothing so far, apart from very slight nausea when I don't eat.

My conclusion is there is no link between MS and the health of the pregnancy.

With my mmc I had nausea for longer than my son. I was still getting nausea almost until my scan at 13 weeks which showed the baby had stopped growing at about 9 weeks. With my son my nausea mostly stopped around 10 weeks. So I agree it doesn't have any bearing on the health of the pregnancy.

I have a cervical erosion in my first pregnancy. I spotted for about 7 weeks and had absolutely no MS at all throughout my pregnancy. DD was absolutely fine! I was just lucky! I had 2/3 day of nausea with my 2nd DD. I'm really hoping to get away lightly again this time! I know it's hard but try not to worry and make the most of a lack of symptoms. Xxx

Thanks all. My first was a boy and I was VERY sick. 2nd was a girl and I wasnt really sick much jusy nauseous but it was a easy pregnancy, with my 3rd I was sick a fair bit and also a girl.

Ive had times where I feel sick, but nothing bad, and usually sick due to hunger. My tummy feels different, like sensitive, but I don't feel ill. The midwife did say the shock and anxiety has probably counteracted it. Im so scared ;(

I wonder if link I found was maybe reffering to those who didnt have an early scan? I have had 2. .I still cant relax. I have 3 children so should be happy no sickness. I do feel odd...tired....but honestly nothing major.

I only had one episode of sickness with dd2. So I wouldn't read too much into it :flower:

I have had no sickness what so ever in my pregnancies :flower:

I had zero symptoms or sickness with any of my three pregnancies - 1 girl and 2 boys.

Xx

Reporting back all was fine xx

I hadn't read it all but was about to reassure. So glad all was fine.

For anyone in the future who reads this also, I literally never 'felt' pregnant at all with my first. No sickness, no exhaustion, my breasts felt normal, I didn't feel movement until after 20 weeks (anterior placenta) so if it wasn't for the fact my stomach was large and round I wouldn't have even noticed I was pregnant if I didn't already know. It can be completely normal. This time round however, I am literally dying with every possible symptom :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->