No morning sickness in second pregnancy?

fuffyburra

Hattie Flower's mummy :)
Reaction score
Hi all :) Has anyone had bad morning sickness with their first pregnancy, and then not had it as bad with their second? I've been sick a few times, and had a lot of nausea, but nowhere near as bad as last time! I was working full time last time, so that might have made it worse I guess :shrug: I'm really paranoid something's wrong :nope:

Yep I was really sick with my first and no where near as sick with my second, really sick with my third and not sure about this one yet!

With my first baby, I had HG REALLY bad. Hospitalized repeatedly, threatened with termination because I was "literally starving to death." I ended up losing 69 pounds before I delivered, the last 22 pounds in 11 days. I did not look at all pregnant when I went in to deliver and after birth I had to buy all new clothes because out of the hospital, all of my clothes fell off. I was immediately put on birth control because I was believed to have kidney and heart damage. I also nursed my first, which delayed my period....causing me to not know that the birth control didn't work. I had absolutely no symptoms until the movements were strong enough (at 5 months) that I couldn't dismiss them as gas. It was a great pregnancy! :thumbup:

I know quite a few people that have experienced that. Every pregnancy is different ;)
With that said, for me personally i have gotten more MS with each one. So for me it got worse, not better. I had no MS with DS1. Some decently bad but not too awful MS with DS2. And i have Hypermesis this time.... but i can't see why it couldn't go the other way around too, im sure its totally possible. Different pregnancy, different symptoms.

Thanks, that's positive to hear :) Guppy I hope you're feeling better soon, and have fun at your gender scan! :D

At this stage during my last pregnancy I thought I was dying! :haha:

This time I feel fine, today was the first time I was actually sick and it wasn't that bad. It may change and get worse or maybe I made last time worse in my head. Either way I'm enjoying not having it!

I thought I was dying last time too! :dohh: I know I was being sick from 6 weeks exactly, and it was about 10 times a day, sometimes more. So I dunno what's different this time :shrug: Maybe I'm carrying a boy this time!?

I was sick several times a day with DS from about 6 weeks until he was born. With this LO I had no morning sickness until 15 weeks- I thought I'd got away with it! But I'm only sick once or twice a day this time and LO is fine :)

Im the opposite :( ok first pregnancy terrible this one

I was pretty sick with my first pregnancy, this time I'm 9 weeks tomorrow and still feeling pretty good :)

Every pregnancy and baby is different. Morning sickness is just one sign of pregnancy, but you don't have to have morning sickness to have a healthy pregnancy. I didn't have any with ds1, but I had it with my subsequent babies.

I felt AWFUL in my first pregnancy, memories of it put me off trying for our second! I was dreading it but I've had barely any this time around, only thing I had really was abit of nausea in the mornings when I'm starving!

I think it's quite normal. I also think there is a gender connection :) I know so many people who felt sick when having girls and fine when having boys xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->