No motivation to do anything.

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
What's up with me? I have no motivation to do anything at all. I have a messy house, a 4 year old and a 2 year currently doing their own thing and I'm just really struggling to get on, or engage them in anything. I feel so bad and like a really useless parent right now, and I wonder what I'll do when I have three! I've been very nauseous and tired recently but I don't particularly have that today so I haven't got any excuse or reason for feeling so lazy.

It's all right. I've been in this state throughout all of my pregnancies, and my kids are all just fine and don't even remember it and are just as excited the next time I get pregnant. Ha. I just make sure to read with my kids a lot, and I make sure they play outside every single day, no matter the weather, even if it's just for five minutes. It helps an awful lot. This will pass... I also keep a trampoline in the living room to help get rid of my kids' excess energy.

Once you have three, well, you'll be lazy for a while, while you heal... of course, that initial breastfeeding period is just feed, feed, feed... but after all is said and done, you'll all be very happy people, and you'll be your involved parent self once again. :)

I have been the same in the first trimester and I'm seriously sucking as a parent again at times now I'm getting big. Everything's just so uncomfortable and such an effort. I am trying so hard to be fun and stimulating for my LO, but plenty of times a week just end up lounging on the sofa engaging verbally while she plays, which is better than nothing I suppose, but still not great.

First tri is awful as the sickness and tiredness are so draining that on your good days when you feel like you should be embracing the fact that you don't feel like shite for once, all you want to do is lie around in a heap and just wallow in the general relief.

I really hope I am not this useless when our new little girl arrives. :(

I'm only 8 weeks but I've felt drained since about 5 weeks, just no energy at all, can't remember been like this with my first but it is harder when u have other children to look aft so can't just nap when want. I'm hoping to get more energy soon

I'm exhausted each day around 3pm on. This is my first pregnancy and today I'm battling the nausea and idea of only eating crackers for lunch and dinner. I also have constant flushed cheeks and am just mentally trying to adjust to this, for again, first timer. I suppose I just must endure and enjoy my ginger ale and crackers.

Me. I am sooo lazy i jusy don't want to do anything lol. I get super tierd mid afternoon too which is the worst.
I hope im tierd due to pregnancy though and not because i stay up late!

Exhaustion has had me since ovulation! Though I was much more capable of doing things then.

I originally put it off as my body catching up from 6 months or so of averaging 2-4 hours of sleep a night (while skipping some nights of sleep all together), but I started fixing my sleep schedule mid-October, and now just put it down to hormones.

I need at least 12 hours of sleep at some point during the day, and even then I'm still just sluggish and useless (nausea isn't helping, though). Yesterday I barely left the recliner. I've been getting behind on school work because I just don't want to move or think.

I'm just hoping this doesn't last much longer.

I was this way from 4w up until a few days ago. I am almost back in my routine of doing things, but I still need generous breaks and usually a nap in between.
But before that the house fell apart. My husband doesn't mind messiness, so dishes and toys quickly piled up. Other than me taking our daughter to story time or gymboree he was exclusively keeping her entertained.
While I felt guilty at the time, I look back now and have no remorse. There's nothing you can do except rest. We have to keep in mind our body is working overtime.

:wave: Hello superfrizbee, fellow Kent lady!!

How far along are you? I've been like that and just no motivation to do anything! That seemed to pass a week or so ago. The problem I have now is that I WANT to get on a clean my house but I can't. Having some work and decorating done in the living and dining room so it's been a week of disruption so far. Basically just camped out in my bedroom. There's just dust everywhere in every room but I can't do anything yet as another 2/3 days before it's finished (hopefully) but then it's going to be cleaning city in my house!! I just cannot wait to get it all sorted!

Im the same, I have no motivation and feel like the worst mum ever as feel like I'm letting the boys down. hopefully this passes.. Also another kent lady here :) x

:wave: Hello superfrizbee, fellow Kent lady!!

How far along are you? I've been like that and just no motivation to do anything! That seemed to pass a week or so ago. The problem I have now is that I WANT to get on a clean my house but I can't. Having some work and decorating done in the living and dining room so it's been a week of disruption so far. Basically just camped out in my bedroom. There's just dust everywhere in every room but I can't do anything yet as another 2/3 days before it's finished (hopefully) but then it's going to be cleaning city in my house!! I just cannot wait to get it all sorted!

:wave: Hi right back at you! According to a private scan I had on Saturday I'm now 8 weeks +3, which is a few days ahead of my own calculations. I'm soooo tired today, not helped by sitting at work having not been able to get back to sleep after a 3.30am wake up. I hope like you I find it passes soon. There's a lot of tlc my house needs, and we need to organised getting planning permission and mortgage approval for an extension! To be ready by September. Eek!

Im the same, I have no motivation and feel like the worst mum ever as feel like I'm letting the boys down. hopefully this passes.. Also another kent lady here :) x

Must be something in the water in Kent! :haha:

We'll get things done once we hit the nesting stage. :D

I keep having days like this. Every once in a while I'll get a "nesting" day where all I want to do is clean but most days I don't have the motivation to do anything besides lay around and surf BnB :haha:

I had realllllly bad nesting with baby number 1. Was amazing, our flat was spotless and smelt AMAZINNNGGGG x

Must be something in the water in Kent! :haha:

Ooooh where about!? I'm near medway, I'm from Sittingbourne. xxx

No way! I'm In Rainham, so just down the road :)

Ha ha ha, I'm in Rainham!!!!!! We are probably literally just down the road!! How funny!!

I've come up with things I can do with my son that don't involve me getting off the sofa. First I get done everything that needs doing to the best of my knackered ability, then I bring snacks and drinks (so he won't ask me to get him anything) to the couch and we watch a film, or read a book, or I ask him to bring me toys and we look at them together, or we have pencils and paper and I ask him what he wants me to draw and I ask him to draw me certain things (keeps him occupied longer than just drawing whatever). Also, have a bath with your kids if possible - you're going to have a bath or shower yourself anyway, you might as well turn it into some pretty lazy playtime (and save your back from washing them while kneeling on the floor). And while I'm cooking whatever lazy short-cut thing I've decided, I sit him up on the counter and he "helps". These are all ways I stop myself from feeling guilty about not spending quality time with him, without me having to do anything I don't usually do anyway, or without having to move much! Because the exhaustion is real right now.
I work from home, usually while he's at school (he only goes for half a day) but lately I've had to use those three hours to nap because I am soooo tired, which means getting my work done in the morning while he's here. I do feel bad about it, but I do my best as above, and they will never remember this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->