No, my baby does not STTN!**Join our club**

O

Ozzieshunni

:brat: I'm sick of people asking me about Alex's sleep. No, it does not effect you in any way shape or form. No, I will not give him formula. No, he does not need cereal in his bottle. Yes, I enjoy cosleeping and he shows me when he wants to or not.

How is STTN any indication of my son's wellbeing? :brat: Sorry, getting fed up with that question! Everyone asks it!

Oh dear, must be annoying!

Thats the beauty of living in a foreign country for me though, I can just pretend I don't speak Finnish so no one offers unwanted 'advice' :haha:

Same here! It's frustrating isn't it. Especially having to go through nights were she wakes 10 times + and people making me feel like it's my fault?!

Yes sometimes it's frustrating and I'd like to sleep well. But I don't think we're doing anything wrong, we're just going at her pace. Which might be a bit slower than other babies, but I honestly don't care!

She's a brilliant, lovely, alert and fast learning baby during the day, she will get there at night!

You get used to the wake ups anyway :haha: I've had almost 8 months of them, Louis' STTN a handful of times in that period of time. I figure he'll do it when he's ready and not before and I've chilled out a bit about it now. I honestly think its crazy how many people expect babies as young as 3/4 month olds to sleep for 10 plus hours every night, if they do of their own volition then fine, but don't expect it of them x

Sophie did a 5.5 hour stretch last night and I personally think that's wonderful :).

I'm sure by the time she's a teenager people will be commenting that she's sleeping too much and won't wake before 2pm in the weekends :rofl:.

Sophie did a 5.5 hour stretch last night and I personally think that's wonderful :).

Go Sophie, that's brilliant! :flower:

Tonight she'lll be up every hour again to punish me for bragging :haha:.

God it's so annoying, especially now he's older. I just kind of got used to it. He does sleep through every now and then, he'll do it when he's ready. I just lie too! Haha I got fed up of the funny looks!

Ya i dont get why one baby is seen as better because they sleep thought the night :shrug: - if my lb is hungry at 4am im going to feed him end of! Now theres the door see your way outa my buisness!!!!! :growlmad::dohh::growlmad:

well my baby doesn't sleep through the night either! And I don't think she will in a hurry either! xx

I used to get annoyed when people asked if my LO slept through. I doubt I would have minded them asking if she did, tbh. Society does see babies that STTN as 'good' for some reason.

I don't mind people asking anymore, although she wakes more than ever at night now. I suppose the alternative to night wakings is more frequent feeds during the day and as I get plenty of sleep at night despite the wakings and plenty of time in the day to get things done as she only feeds 3-4 hourly for 5 mins or so at a timr, it seems a win-win situation for me.

omg i get asked this ALLLLLLLL the time! and when i say "no, he still wakes times a night for a feed" they look at me like "oh you poor thing, thats awful!". ummmm no, thats called having a breast fed baby!x

Luckily people don't ask me anymore, they just shake their head and feel sorry for me. They are baffled that a bottle fed toddler still doesn't STTN. That's fine, I don't know any different LOL.

RIP Aliss's last night of full sleep, sometime in October 2009.

omg i get asked this ALLLLLLLL the time! and when i say "no, he still wakes times a night for a feed" they look at me like "oh you poor thing, thats awful!". ummmm no, thats called having a breast fed baby!x

My LO is ff and he doesn't sleep through. He still wakes anytime between 1 and 5am for a feed.

I've actually just come back from lunch with 2 friends who have babies younger than mine. One of the first things one of them said was "is he sleeping through?" and proceeded to gloat that hers was.

It doesn't bother me that he doesn't, he'll do it when HE wants to.

I've come to the conclusion people just don't have anything more imaginative to ask! But I've found myself starting to ask people too! Arrrggghhh. I've had the baby rice and formula suggestions. People keep saying have you tried this, or why don't you do that? I'm his mother I've tried all I can to help him and beyond that I can't force him to sleep! I'm not seeing it as a bad thing I'm seeing it as something he will mature to do in time when HE is ready.

Can I join the club too? Or does my now 1.5 year old ticker just depress you all?

We should start a club :rofl:

Im in! let sttn henceforth stand for Strong Through Troubled Nights. United we stand!

Me too :)

Actually no one's ever asked me if LO STTN so I must be quite lucky!

My LO usually has a good 4-5 hour sleep before waking for a feed at about 2am. Then she's back down for another 2 hours before waking again then she goes in my bed and sleeps another 3ish hours. I'm pretty happy with that! At least she's predictable.

I reckon if LO did STTN I'd be up every hour checking on her anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->