no offence intended towards read heads.

Dmom! Is that your DH? handsome man!!

As I said before we have a guy in work who is red and us, all the ladies are mad for him! lol he is soooo handsome!!!

Ejem....still just window shopping.... :winkwink: Dont tell my OH :shhh: :haha:

Despie, Deafgal, I can´t believe how rude some people can be!!!

Mr. Dmom looks lovely!!

Nice one Dmom! Mine conned me! he was blonde when I met him and now he is almost grey :haha: Still handsome to me!

mine too.....I met him when he was 20 and he had lovely hair, now its going thinner by the month! poor thing, he is not even 30 yet. but I like it as then I dont look like an old bag next to him :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm Scottish so statistically I must carry the redheaded gene (pretty sure Viking raided my village LOL) most of my family are fair skinned blue eyed and dark haired, and my OH definitely does as he has a redhaired sister. That article really annoyed me, I'd be more concerned if the donor was healthy and intelligent before anything else.

If I had a daughter I'd probably rather she didn't get my big boobs gene, I'm a 32FF and was teased mercilessly through high school, kids are pretty horrible really.

They were just playing around with him (plus the ginger jokes) as my husband have that fun personality, they don't really mean it. you know how guys are. they really love my husband, and even threw a surprised BBQ birthday party for him.

He does find it slight hurtful but he doesn't let them know.

I told him I'll take his donation LOL

Aww..Mr.Dmom is a handsome guy. My DH is a gingy, his hair is darker auburn now but his beard is a gorgeous ginger and he's got the redhead freckles all over him. I think redheads are great!

My OH has red hair and I'm gutted that my two don't have it. My little girl has a tinge of the ginge but :nope:

I think kids are cruel in the playground...there are many women/friends I know that would LOVE their children to have red hair. Load of bollocks that article IMO.

I'm a redhead - and my little girl is dark like her daddy. His brown haired gene went and stamped all over my recessive r gene :nope:

Here's something interesting for you though - my mum and dad were not red (mum mousy, dad almost black haired/olive skin). My two younger brothers are not red. My grandparents on both sides were not red. But a great grandmother on my mum's side and one on my dads side were red, and that's where it has come from.

It really interests me - the genetics behind red hair - because mine seemed to come from nowhere. Basically (it is much more complex than this - but in a nutshell) you need two recessive r genes to make red hair. This means my dad had the r gene and my mum did.

It passed from my mum's great grandmother (red hair = rr genes) to my grandmother (brown hair - so her combination would be Br (dominant brown/recessive red), to my mum (she would have the r gene from my grandmother and the dominant B brown gene from my grandfather) and then she passed the r gene to me - and the same on my dad's side, giving me the rr gene and therefore being a redhead. They didn't have red hair themselves because their other gene was the dominant one (brown/black) so they got that colour.

So - it can come from way, way back! It can lie dormant for years! I was pretty sure we wouldn't have redhead children as there is nothing at all in Andy's family, so I am guessing he won't have the r gene. I can only pass on the r gene - as that's all I have. So Madeline will have my r gene, and from andy she must have the dominant B gene, giving her brown hair (although in the light there is a tinge of the ginge). But when she has children, she may pass that gene to them - so my redhead legacy could live on!

I hope that made a little bit of sense - and sorry, it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP! I love being a redhead though :)

I'm a redhead - and my little girl is dark like her daddy. His brown haired gene went and stamped all over my recessive r gene :nope:

Here's something interesting for you though - my mum and dad were not red (mum mousy, dad almost black haired/olive skin). My two younger brothers are not red. My grandparents on both sides were not red. But a great grandmother on my mum's side and one on my dads side were red, and that's where it has come from.

It really interests me - the genetics behind red hair - because mine seemed to come from nowhere. Basically (it is much more complex than this - but in a nutshell) you need two recessive r genes to make red hair. This means my dad had the r gene and my mum did.

It passed from my mum's great grandmother (red hair = rr genes) to my grandmother (brown hair - so her combination would be Br (dominant brown/recessive red), to my mum (she would have the r gene from my grandmother and the dominant B brown gene from my grandfather) and then she passed the r gene to me - and the same on my dad's side, giving me the rr gene and therefore being a redhead. They didn't have red hair themselves because their other gene was the dominant one (brown/black) so they got that colour.

So - it can come from way, way back! It can lie dormant for years! I was pretty sure we wouldn't have redhead children as there is nothing at all in Andy's family, so I am guessing he won't have the r gene. I can only pass on the r gene - as that's all I have. So Madeline will have my r gene, and from andy she must have the dominant B gene, giving her brown hair (although in the light there is a tinge of the ginge). But when she has children, she may pass that gene to them - so my redhead legacy could live on!

I hope that made a little bit of sense - and sorry, it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP! I love being a redhead though :)

Completely makes sense! I have a friend (both brown) who have a gorgeous little red head...she said she was gutted :growlmad: (hell my OH and ALL his fathers side are red and I still didn't get red!) But she seems pretty happy of how cool it is that genes from a long time ago, play a part in our genes today.

And I hope that makes sense :lol:

I hate boobs too, My lovely daughter is 15 and a double D....I have no idea where they came from but she's got them,lol I really really hope our baby does not have DH's ears and big head,lol

just realised i put read heads instead of red heads in the thread title...haha. what a tool i am! :haha: and you lot are too polite to mention it. x

Babyjayne,I am also really interested in the red gene ,my dh and I are blonde ,my mum is blonde and my dad and his parents had black / brown cxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->