No pain relief birth..Tips please

danni1979

Reaction score
Heya

I really really want a "natural" labour,by that i mean i want no medication/pain relief if its at all possible??

Of course i know things dont always go to plan and you never know how you gonna cope with the pain so i was wondering if anyone has any tips what so ever on coping with the birth?

Thanks

D
xx xx

I used a birthing pool and found it brilliant for helping me to relax. You could also try Hypnobirthing classes.

Learn proper breathing techniques. I got a teaching video from the states for Lamaze (sp?) breathing techniques and it kept me going for 26hours at home (ended up with everything once I got to hosp but it did turn out to be a 46hour labour so I do credit the breathing for getting through more than half of it!).

i have never had any pain relief at all & as you can see i'm expecting baby number 3. I found that breathing through each contraction helped a bit, i recovered between each contraction by sipping ice water & talking about meeting my baby. They seem like stupid tips but for me it really helped. I think if you are determined not to have any pain relief then let your midwife know, so they dont keep offering you it, they then wait until you ask for it yourself. I didnt find it too painful, i mean it hurts but its managable (but then i did have short labours)

Also dont feel disappointed if you change your mind & have pain relief, everyone copes with labour differently, what is easy peasy for some people is really hard for others.

good luck xxxxx

I had a pain relief free birth and what really helped me was having both my husband and my mum there they kept me really calm couldnt have done it without them!

My first two I had everything. I figured if it was going free then why not just take it.

When we lost our baby last year I wasn't offered anything even though I begged for it. In a way I found it a better way to give birth (even though it wasn't the greatest of circumstances).

This time I'm determind not to have anything. I've done it before and I'll do it again. This will be my last baby and I want to be aware of everything because even if at the time I feel I can't cope with it, I'll feel so proud of myself afterwards :)

I went through labour, without anything, then needed something, but both failed as was given far to late, so pretty much natural labour to me. lol.

I personally would focusing on something, staying calm (no outbursts) breathing very heavy and deeply helped loads, thts what go me through 4hrs at the end.

I had an epidural (didn't really need it), but I think if you really want a natural birth, of course you can do it!! :hugs: I am gonna try and go natural next time as well.

I would say do your breathing and keep calm. Keeping calm and doing regular patterned breathing really really helps. Bring some calm music you can concentrate on and the shower or birthing pool seem to really help people out.

Best of luck in your labour! :)

It is possible deffo but don't force yourself to go without if your genuinly exhausted and just can't cope anymore. My friend did it and it did feel like a real achievement for her. She just used the bath for relaxation.

Thanks so much for all the tips,i am very interested in going natural if i can,i am also aware that sometimes things dont work out the way you want so am not putting tooooo much pressure on myself,lol..

I also think that accepting it will be painful is probably half of it as well,but this is my first so i'm not sure what to expect,it gets quite hard when peeps go on about the horror stories!!

Thankyou so much for making me feel that natural birth IS acheivable,somany people just smirk or laugh when i mention it,can really make me feel kinda OH SHIT is it THAT BAD!! lol

D
xx xx

Being relaxed, calm and generally chilled got me through both my labours!

I really recommend this book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hypnobirth...UTF8&coliid=IZAX2XDTWVKSA&colid=3F3DAI83C6O01

I've been reading it and recommended it to the girls on the Bumpkin threads. A few of them have brought it and read it and really loved it also. To quote what one of the girls said regarding it:

I've really found the Hypnobirthing book a really positive read... It's a mind over matter concept, having faith in your body to do what it naturally wants to do, seeing birth as a positive natural process rather than fearing the birth. Allowing you body to do what it should do at it's own pace. Breathing through the whole experience in controlled relaxed manner... I've enjoyed reading it...

I really don't think there is a wrong or right choice where birthing is concerned... It all about having having an open mind and doing what you feel needs to be done at the time... Each and every birth is different, as is each and every pregnancy and person... No one should tell you what to do to suit you... I do feel that having some faith in our own abilities will help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->