No positive OPK

Mammatotwo

Mum to 3 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Hi firstly I am new here and so sorry just to jump straight in, but I am so glad to find people who know what I am feeling and can maybe help me with some questions.

I had a missed miscarriage on the 11th of May I was 10 weeks pregnant but baby only measure 6 weeks and 1 day. I had a d and c.

I stated using opks and got a fade in and nearly positive and then faded out to nothing. I also had ewcm. I assumed that I oed on cd23. I have a 12 day luteal phase. I am on 11dpo and getting negative HPT. I do not feel af coming.

I think maybe I did not O and now am unsure of what is happening. I am not temping so don't know when to expect AF.

I am getting funny cramps not like af is coming but more like ovulation pains constantly from the left side and occationally from the right.

Any ideas of what is going on? Do you think I Oed? Will my body try again or will AF just pop up unexpected?

I am so so confused. Thanks for letting me rant:flower:

Hi mammatotwo. I think that the first cycle after m/c is very difficult to judge, and I didn't even try with anything like opks or temps that first month, as I just wasn't sure which day was which. My af did arrive about 28 days after the d&c, but it was very light - only lasted about 2 days. Also, I didn't get any of my usual af signs like cramping or stiff legs - she just suddenly arrived!

The second month, I did use opks and temping, and it looks like I o'd on cd16, which was quite late for me compared to when I was o'ing before I got pregnant. I've had my af again this month, and again it was very light.

Basically, it seems to me that the body needs time to re-adjust after a m/c and d&c, and that your cycle won't be quite the same afterwards. I think that you are probably trying to assess and measure things a bit early after the m/c, but hopefully things will settle down a bit next cycle.

I hope that helps. I'm no medical expert, but your experience does sound similar to mine, so thought I would share!! :flower:

AliGirl thank you so much for responding to me. I think your right and I am trying to jump back in too quickly.
I am really dreading AF coming and would love to just skip it all together. I really want to be pregnant again and I probably should just relax, get AF and go from there.
It is all just so confusing.
I really do appeciate your input:flower:

I know exactly how you feel. I really want to be pregnant again too, and I find it soooo frustrating having to deal with all this waiting. Sometimes though I just have to put it into perspective, and think that it's only 2 months since I had my m/c which really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.

I'm currently on cd5 of my next cycle, so really hoping that this month will be our month!!

I think you will feel better once af arrives - for me that was a bit of a milestone, and made me feel like my body was getting (vaguely) back to normal! Best of luck. x

Well this month is my first cycle after losing Hadlee and I have been using OPK's and so far I still havent gotten a + and I am almost 3 weeks later. I know my body wont jump back into a normal cycle just yet but I am following just to see where I am at and how much things have changed.

Hi Mammatotwo. So sorry to see you on here but this is the best place to have a rant or get advice from ladies who have been through the same :hugs:

I have just finished my 2nd AF after MC. My first was right on time at 28 days but the second was about 4 days late. I also had, and am still having, pains mostly on my left. I did 2 HPT before my 2nd AF which just got me down.

After the first I assumed it was all back to normal but I suppose I was expecting too much of my body. It is very frustrating but I guess the shock has more of an affect on our systems then we think. Just give yourself some time and hopefully those BFP will come rolling in :winkwink: x

Thank you everyone for your responses:flower:
Well Af turned up on wednesday. I found it really hard to deal with and found myself sobbing in the car after dropping my daughter off at Kindy. I thought I was doing so well but it just hit me.
I do feel better and see that AF is giving me a fresh start.
I did not get a positive OPK but AF came eactly 11 dpo after I thought I may have Oed. So I guess I did Ovulate as it was not breakthrough bleeding but a full heavy 3 day bleed (sorry TMI) with weird cramping.
Here is hoping that I get pregnant quickly. It took 11 months last time :nope:.
Thanks again, I really like this site and have found it so helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->