NO round ligament pain and feel as if my belly isn't growing.

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I am so scared I am 16, 1 day today. I haven't felt round ligament pain in about 3-4 weeks. I also feel like my belly stopped growing I am so scared the baby stopped growing or something is wrong.

I have a doppler and I do check the heartbeat and everything seems to be okay but I am still worried. Does having a heartbeat assure that the baby is growing. I am so scared I will get to my 20 week ultrasound and they will tell me the baby stopped growing at 14 weeks or something :(

My belly hasny really grown in weeks altho wat i actially think is the bloats gone and is now bump so actuslly it must of grown...

I had the same worries wen i went for my gender scan last week but she actually measired a day ahead from our dating scan at 14 weeks

A baby only stops growing if the heart stops. They can measure smaller but they don't completely stop. I also don't have round ligament pain and my bump isn't expanding as fast.

Thanks Marumi, but if God forbid the baby measures smaller (when it was measuring on time initially) is that a bad sign?

My first child measured 3 days ahead in his 14 week ultrasound, 4 days behind on his 20 week and 3 days ahead on his 30 week ultrasound. He was born 5 weeks early at 7 lbs. The scans are make sure everything is growing properly. My belly didn't grow much then popped at 18 weeks this time.

I have the same worry. I don't feel like my bump is growing, I've not put on any weight and I don't feel like there's much firmness to my lower abdomen. I can bend right over and not feel any restriction or tightness at all, which I'm sure I had by this time with my other pregnancies. I also haven't felt any movements yet. The midwife listened to the heartbeat at 16 weeks and was happy with everything (except ketones in urine), but I was hoping for movements nearly 2 weeks later. I have my scan in two and a half weeks so it'll be a long wait for that appointment, unless my bump pops and I start feeling regular movement before then.

Thanks Marumi, but if God forbid the baby measures smaller (when it was measuring on time initially) is that a bad sign?

Babies grow at different rates. It is normal especially later than the first trimester. My son measured bigger but was born at only 19 inches and over 7 lbs.

Soooo I felt the same between weeks 14-18 and then I woke up and realized I was definitely showing and probably had been for a while. I can even feel the top of my uterus under my belly button and its hard, so I know that's growing. I think it's hard to tell sometimes because we look at ourselves every day in the mirror and the changes are so slight day to day that we don't notice until someone says something or we compare pictures. Or maybe it just grew really fast lol. Who knows? :winkwink:

If the heartbeat sounds good then the baby is growing. Everyone shows very different.... I'm 16wks and barely showing yet I see some women who are huge at 16 weeks. The best thing is not to compare yourself to others. The heartbeat is good, you didn't mention any spotting or bleeding- I wouldn't worry :)

Is this your first baby?
I don't think I've had much round ligament pain with this baby whereas I did with #1. But also thinking about it I think I got it more after 20 weeks.

I find I go up and down. Last week my belly was enormous ! Baby even measured ahead at 12 week scan. This week I feel like I shrunk. I don't think I grew and my bump seems smaller... I also think for me it depends a lot on how much I eat and what I eat it really makes a difference in the bloat. If I keep food and carbs at healthy amounts then I feel better and look smaller. I'm sure baby is growing as they all do. Don't worry I feel the same as u xx

Btw it's my fourth pregnancy, 3rd baby and I only experience round ligament pain in third trimester not before. Unless you count stretching and getting a Charlie horse as round ligament...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->