no scan yet!! :growlmad:

tiffanyvd87

Reaction score
I'm into my 2nd trimester, so they say, and have yet to have an ultrasound. This is my 3rd pregnancy and find it odd that I have not had a single ultrasound to determine the exact date and now gender. Any one else have this problem?

How many weeks are you? I was given my '12 week' scan at 13+6, which has been the latest of all my pgs. However, I had private scans beforehand, and have just had a gender scan at 16 weeks. My anomaly scan is 2 weeks on Friday @ 19 weeks. Can you not book a private scan while you sort things out? Have you contacted your midwife and had a chat about what's going on? Xxxx

I am 20wks now. I have always had a scan at 8wks to determine the timeframe I conveived and due date. I do not have a midwife. I see my family doctor once a month for a prenatal check-up. I also have cesarian sections so a scan is necessary to determine the date to book the surgery. I could book a private scan but it would be one of those 3D ones and would need to be paid for.

I know what you mean! I don't know if practices have been changed recently or what! The only reason I got a very early scan was because I had no earthly idea WHEN I got pregnant and they needed to know how far along I was. At that point, all we could see was that there was in fact a baby with a heartbeat and that was it.

I kept expecting a 12 week scan and it never happened. When I questioned the doctor about it, he told me they don't do them. What?? I just had a baby a year ago and they definitely did them with that baby.

Didn't have any scans until 20/21 weeks. Crazy!

Have you turned down the prenatal screening tests? I know that they will not scan you if you do. That's the only thing I can think of

Here in the UK you still have your 12 week scan even if you decline the Down's Syndrome screening. I've never heard of not being scanned until 20 weeks. I think it's definitely worth paying privately and the 4D scans are amazing. My avatar is my baby at 16 weeks + 1 xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->