No sign of milk yet... Should I be worried?

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I am 34 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. My 1st is 17 months old and has continued to nurse throughout the pregnancy, however since somewhere around the end of the first trimester there has been no milk.

When I was pregnant last time around, I began to produce colostrum at around 6 months pregnant. It would leak a little and I'd have to wear pads to prevent everything from turning yellow!

This time around I am much further along and nothing like that has happened... Should I be concerned that there is no sign of anything this time around and last time there was?

I actually thought that with DS still nursing it was more likely that I'd start to produce something early on.

I had no signs of colostrum this time either... towards end of previous pregnancy i would have golden/orangey specks in my white bras lol... but this time nothing.
My milk has just come in last night...first few days since birth was literally when i saw signs of colostrum

I probably wouldn't be concerned. Lots of women don't leak before birth. I didn't, and I remember being worried too but I made lots of milk after birth!

I would think if your 17 month old still nurses then you are actually producing some milk still in fact id put money on it, I'd be inclined to think that because your nursing still then there isnt any there to express when you try as your LO is taking all your making at the moment. I didnt leak in any of my pregnancies except this last one and i weaned ds3 about 3 wks prior to falling pregnant my body hadnt dried up yet so i still had milk the whole pregnancy

Nope no reason for concern at all. Last time my milk definitely dried up at about 17 weeks pregnant, between 12 and 17 weeks it changed to what seemed to be more like colostrum, but then it just went AWOL and I couldn't squeeze anything out nor did I leak. It was literally days before I have birth that I could squeeze colostrum out again. Had no problems at all BF this time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->