NO SYMPTOMS? .. NO PROBLEM! & Missed Miscarriage.

Amy-x

Mummy to a princess
Reaction score
Well, after having a scan done on Tuesday I have a few updates for you ladies, that you might want to know, might not. Firstly, I have no pregnancy symptoms, apart from feeling tired. I have NO: sickness, constipation, hungry, headaches, heartburn. Nothing like this. But earlier on in my pregnancy, about 5/6 weeks I did. So disapearing symptoms are not a problem at all. As due to my scan 2 days ago, my baby was perfectly fine. Secondly, missed miscarriages and miscarriages. I had my scan dating me 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant, afterwards I asked the women what the chances of a missed miscarriage are. She basically, long story short said, they are very rare for a start. And secondly they are most common in 4-6 weeks of pregnancy. And when I asked about miscarriages, what I asked was 'When will my chances of miscarriage go down, is it 12 weeks' and her reply was that my chances have gone down now, and Im safe as I will be now, as I am still pregnant ect. And most miscarriages are because of defects ect. Meaning the baby wouldnt be able to develop properly, and at around 9/10 weeks baby is basically looking like a baby. She explained Im not going to be any better off in 12 weeks with my chances of miscarriages, than I would be now. Hope this helps! :flower::flower::flower:

Yes! Actually, that has been very helpful because I have not had very much nausea this week like I did last week, and it was bothering me some. I have other symptoms that have come on stronger...such as, believe it or not, sensitivity to smells...I could smell a kid's sweaty gym clothes in a locker down the hall and nobody else smelled them. But I have worried when there's a lack of some things. But it is really good to hear from someone's personal experience that it doesn't have to mean something!

Congratulations on your fantastic news!

Hey Amy,

I'm exactly the same I have no symptoms I got so worried last night as had a letter of the hospital for my dating scan 15th Dec. I don't have heart burn, I think i've been sick once! just have a lot of wind and cramps! too much information, my emotions aint that bad I do have my rare moments of tears but it's gone then! I just have no symptoms maybe were the lucky ones but Id feel much better at my 12 week scan. xxx

Exactly. I myself worried about lack of symptoms. And many other little things. Ohh I forgot about that I asked about the pains and niggles too! And she said that these are good things as well. As it shows your body is adapting to pregnancy. But again she said if the pains stop or I dont get any on some days this isnt a worry either! Only time to be worried is if you have BAD cramping feelings and fresh blood bleeding. :)

Yup thats the best way to look at it, that we are the lucky ones!

Thank you for a very reassuring post. I am having a symptomless pregnancy (although did have sore boobs that disappeared at 5 week). I also have had a missed miscarriage before and can't help worrying about this pregnancy despite a reassurance scan at the weekend where I measured 8+5. It is so nice to hear positive stories like this. They help me keep my sanity. x x

This is really useful - thanks for posting. Did she say that whether there is anything (aside from bleeding) that is a cause for concern? I'm a big worrier!

I agree with Babyface179 - it's reassuring to read posts like these. Thanks for sharing xx

My boobs ain't that sore anymore. I was getting a lot of discharge though and that's calmed down now i hit week 8. I googled no symptoms and tons of miscarriages came up so was a bit scared to be fair! xx

She said the only time to be worried if with bad cramps and bleeding. If you have this, dont wait around to see doctor ect, go straight to hospital!

thanks ifound this really helpful. i dont really now alot about mmc. when you got for your scan and there is no heartbeat is that classed as a mmc? xx

ace news sugar!!! :D

I listen to my bubs heartbeat every morning, and thats so reassuring. I always worry something will go wrong but now I have read that, teamed with hearing the HB and feeling baby move, im hopeful that all will go to plan :)

xxxxx

That's really nice to know hun. Thanks for sharing! x

Yes, thank you for posting this - just what I needed today! I was pretty much nauseous for a week straight and then woke up this morning feeling fine. It's totally freaking me out, but this post made me feel better. :) Thanks. :)

Thank you so much for posting, I have a scan tomorrow so will try to relax after.xxx

With my DD I had a scan at 7 weeks due to possible ectopic [it wasn't thank God] and the nurse told me then the reason the "possibility" of MC goes down at 12 weeks is because that's the usual scan time and seeing a good HB before that time takes your chance of MC down to the same level as a 12w scan which is 5%

This post is great! I went for a 7 week scan yesterday and got to both see and hear a heartbeat...it was amazing! It is so reassuring to know that now that I've seen/heard the little hb my chances for mc go down, as I've been a nervous wreck ever since I started reading about mmc's. Thanks for posting!!!!

You've got me thinking now... My boobs were sore this morning and now they're not ARGHHHHHH!!!

Good luck to all you ladies, and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancies. And then when we get to see our little babies at the end, Im sure all of this worrying about every little thing will seem so far away, in fact we will probably laugh at all the little things we was worrying about. For me it even got to the point of Id worry if I went through the night only needing to wake up and go loo once. This little one is already turning me mad I think! He he he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->