No vernix?

Zebracakes

Reaction score
my baby was born at 40 weeks 6 days according to LMP AND 22 week ultrasound but he didn’t have any vernix on him he just looked wet? Does that mean I was farther along then they thought

Hi I was induced 9 days late with my daughter and I don't recall seeing any in her. Just blood. Not sure if they wiped it of her but I never saw it x

No, my baby didn't have any either! Think it just depends, some have more than others. You went to full term so it wouldn't have had as much than if it was born early x

It really doesn’t mean anything if your baby didn’t have any vernix, no it doesn’t mean you were further along than you thought. Overdue babies are less likely to have any as they rebsorb it when they get to term. Mine were both born 9 days late and had basically none on their bodies anywhere except a tiny bit stuck on their hair on top of their heads. They both ended up with dry, flaky skin.

Also, when they’re dried off at birth with a towel, it gets rubbed off. So you’ll never know if it just got rubbed off, or whether it was there.

My son was born 2 days before due date and he had no vernier. My daughter was born 5 days before due date and was covered in it. I think it just depends on the baby! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->