No way- 1st cycle BFP???

LesbiMom

Reaction score
Looks like we have gotten our BFP our very first cycle trying.

We are a lesbian couple and we decided to start trying to have another child after many long years of sadness and loss in our family.

We have a 9 year old together and I have 2 from previous relationships, both teenagers.

We decided to do a home insemination program and started with our very first insemination on July 24th, followed by a second on the 26th.

We got our BFP yesterday on a FRER and I couldn't be more excited. We are going to the doctor today for confirmation.

I am both excited and nervous because of all the things I have read about Chemical Pregnancy and things like that.

I am wishing the best of luck to everyone in your journey.

Have a GREAT 9 months!!!

Congrats! Happy and healthy 9months to you! :) x

Very possible! I had my first after first time trying! Good luck.

That's brilliant news, congratulations!x

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congrats - LesbiMom! If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you do the insemination at home? How did you know when you would O? Would love to hear all of your details. I helped my friend do an at home insemination and it failed first try so she gave up. Would love to know more about your experience! H&H 9 months!

Congrats - LesbiMom! If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you do the insemination at home? How did you know when you would O? Would love to hear all of your details. I helped my friend do an at home insemination and it failed first try so she gave up. Would love to know more about your experience! H&H 9 months!

I have been tracking my cycle with an app for the last year. No BBT just dates and CM. We used a known donor and inseminated 2 days prior to O and the day of O. Both times we were intimate first...we made sure the donation had liquified (about 10 minutes after donation) and then pulled it into a 10ml syringe. (We made sure the sample stayed as warm as possible until it was ready for use) and then injected it as close to the cervix as possible. I remained layig down with my hips slightly elevated for about 30 minutes. And that was it.

We bought an insemination kit off of ebay from the UK for $5. It included 2 syringes, 2 collection cups and pregnancy and ovulation strips (which I never used)

I was lucky that we were successful our first month. I have friends that did IUI with full monitoring by a clinic and they got pregnant on the second cycle.

Congrats on your :bfp:! I wish you a H&H 9 months! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"