No weight gain...

Barhanita

Reaction score
I am 27.5 weeks and over the last month I haven't gained any weight. I am really worried... It happened so that my doctor thinks that I gained a few pounds, because the last time I had an appointment it was cold, and I was wearing more heavy clothes.

Before I was pregnant I was a little underweight, then with the morning sickness I lost about 10 pounds, maybe more. At about 14-15 weeks I slowly started gaining them back. By 20 weeks I got to my pre-pregnancy weight and now, at almost 28 weeks I am just a few pounds over... My fundal height is measuring on track, but I am still very worried. I guess I would be less worried if I was normal or overweight to begin with, but being underweight I think is just dangerous...

I think the reason I am not gaining much is because I am still sick a lot, and I just hate food and eating in general. But I am really trying for the baby! Every day is like a battle for me - to eat more.

Is there anyone else in a similar situation? Or maybe someone didn't gain much in a previous pregnancy, but still delivered a healthy baby?

Hey Hun... I'm nearly term with a big and healthy baby from what we can tell and I been sick the whole pregnancy too... I had really severe ms until 18 weeks... Now I just get sick still and also hb makes me sick...

I have only gained a few kg over the whole pregnancy and wasn't overweight to start with.

If your bubs is growing fine then don't be too concerned... Make sure ur taking your vitamins still and eating and drinking what u can...
When u say u hate eating.. Maybe u should speak to your doctor... Because you may have an eating disorder or something that they can help u with..

Our bodies are crazy things... They take from us to give to baby whatever it needs so if anything u will suffer not baby... Hope u feel better soon

I haven't gained any weight since my last appointment either yet I'm measuring big? My doctor didn't seem concerned!

I didnt gain any weight at my last appointment either. Eat what you can, and make sure your getting your vitamins! :hugs:

What did you start out at and what are you now? I started out 63 kilos and now 72. I feel like I have gained waaaaay too much and would love to lose some :)

When she says she 'hates eating' I am pretty sure she means because she has had HG her whole pregnancy, it turns every single day into a constant battle with food because you just feel so sick all the flipping time, and nothing seems to stay down. You end up picking food on the basis of how good it tastes coming back up. :sick:

In my HG group I have yet to see a baby that has actually been born too small or deprived of nutrients, no matter how little weight the mother may have gained during the pregnancy. Bizarrely even, a lot of them are way above the 7lb 7oz average weight for a newborn! Don't doubt that baby will be leeching all the nutrients she needs from you for as long as she needs them, I've seen a picture of you remember, and you are all bump!

By all means eat and drink what you can but don't beat yourself up about it either, as long as you are hydrated ad free of ketones, baby will be OK too.

Thank you everyone! I really hope she is ok in there. I try eating a lot, but it's such a pain.. Everyday is a battle, but I will keep fighting for my baby's sake.

I was almost underweight when I got pregnant with all three kids and every pregnancy I have lost about 8-10lbs the first 15 weeks and at about 23-25 weeks I have been back to my start weight. Same thing now with my third. I'm 23 weeks and a little bit under my start weight.

With my first I gained about 20lbs (he was over 9lbs) and with my second 12. Both born healty after due date and my belly was always measuring good ever though it looks small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->