No Yolk sac?

I

IrishTwins

I had a scan yesterday and one today .

Yesterday scan could not see Ges sac at all - so couldn't date anything

Today Ges sac seen at 0.4cm 5+2 but no yolk sac or fetal pole

So ladies, too early? I know 5-6 weeks makes huge difference.

We have been super excited over our Irish Twins..:)

Follow up with my GP

Another quick Q.. With most OBs not making an appt or doing a scan until 12 weeks wouldnt it then mean that a miscarriage might not be identified until 12 weeks? That would be devastating to go that long thinking pg and find that out.. :(

I know that around 5 weeks, scans often don't pick up much. I'm surprised they ordered a second scan for only one day later. I hate having to wait as much as anyone, but you're not going to see a big difference after only one day normally.

As far as picking up on a miscarriage, most (but not all) miscarriages show some signs of happening, such as cramping and bleeding. It does happen sometimes that there is a "missed" miscarriage, where the embryo/fetus has stopped developing and died, but is still in the uterus. I agree, it would be devastating to go that long only to find that out at 12 weeks, but chances are you would have some inkling something was wrong before then.

I had this happen at my 5 wk scan with my last baby, by 6 wks there was a fetal pole, yolk sac , and heart beat!!! It's crazy what happens in just 1 whole week!

Thanks.. I don't really have a previous history of any kind so I'm hoping it's a sticky.. No spotting or bleeding so nothing alarming - some cramping but that's typical for me in early pregnancy.. :) Can't wit to hear HB,,,

This happened to me in my previous pregnancy.. Went back a week later and saw bub

I had my scan at 5+6 and couldnt see much at all. Came back at 8 weeks and a baby was there! Its way too early to see anything really at 5-6 weeks. If women do see something they're very lucky.

I completely understand your worries about missed miscarriages. I couldn't hold out until my 12 week scan so I booked a private scan. It was pricey but worth it being able to see my baby healthy xx

I could only see a gest. sac at 5w3d.. but was told its completely normal.
Saw HB at 7Wk... so dont worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->