Noah Anthony Updates

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
Well, thought Id copy turbomom(Steph) and start a new thread with Noah's progress.

Just back from the NICU was able to hold him for the second time. He's just SO cute. It is amazing to me how I can love something so much in such a short span of time. The nurse said he is doing really well. She doesnt hear the murmer anymore and that it might of closed with the med's they gave him. They had stopped feeding him because his tummy wasn't taking it well, but they are going to do an x-ray of his abdomen and if that comes back fine he will start rec'ving 1.5 cc every three hours again *crossing fingers* Side note is he has really senstive skin just like his Mommy, he has a rash from the tape that was on his belly.

I can't wait to see him in the AM!:cloud9:

It's good to hear that he's doing well, how are you feeling? Update us with pictures when you get the chance!!

Im so happy that everything is going well for you and Noah. Thanks for starting a thread to keep us all updated. :hugs:

Aww i'm finally glad to hear things are progressing!! Was waiting to hear more from you :) I hope that we can see some more pics of your beautiful boy and thats great that his PDA closed on it's own. I hope it stays that way!!! Well I look forward to reading someone elses updates for once :D

Happy to hear he's doing so well! Thanks for the updates!!

Glad he is doing well, he will be home before you know it, We can't believe it is now 3 months since our princess came home from the NICU.

i am so happy you've got to hold him:)
it's great news! keep us posted!

So glad he's doing so well, he sounds like a strong little man!

Love the name too (sure you can see that tho, lol)

xx

I am so pleased,he seems to be thriving,hang in there.

Really pleased to hear he is doing so well. Look forward to seeing pics and thanks for the update x

Sorry Ladies, still no pics! I will work on this tonight maybe and see if I can get my DH to upload them on his laptop since Im useing the Quantum House's PC.
So today was a great day with my baby. I had Kangroo(sp) Care with Noah. They layed him on my bare chest for about 40 mins and he did very well with it! He was trying to nurse I think. Think he could smell my milk! :) He was moving his head around like crazy also. He truely is amazing!! The nurse showed me how to take him temp after the Kangroo care and it was 98.7 so he really did great!! I then changed his diaper for the first time. I have to admitt I was nervous, but he didnt cry like he usually does when the nurses change him. He is back on feeds, *crossing fingers* he does well so he can start getting bigger.

Yesterday I was very depressed after reading this Premie Mag they had at the NICU, so last night I decided I would not read anymore. Its just to much. I do think I'm dealing with the baby blues so to speak. The whole process happened so fast I dont think I had time for it to sink in intill recently. That Im a mother, Im not pregnant anymore. Im not working we weren't prepared money wise. On and on...

Please tell me the depression goes away? Should I be concerned? Or is this normal to feel this way? It's like a catch-22 Im so happy when I see my baby and then later when Im by myself I get sad :( I want him home with me I guess. I will try to upload the pictures later tonight :)

Hiya,

As a mother of a preemie born last July at 1lb 9oz I just want to reasure you that what you are feeling is completely normal. You will undoubtedly be going through so many emotions right now that you may feel its difficult to cope. I thought I would never get through those first few weeks. But I did and so will you.

The next few weeks will probably be the most scary, wonderful, exhausting, worrying and emotionally draining that you are likely to go through. Just go with the flow, try not to read too much, take each day at a time and enjoy your little boy. See this time as a gift, you are meant too see your little boy grow from this very early age.

It won't be easy but these days will seem like a distant memory when you take your little boy home.

Look at my profile picture. I never dreamed of this kind of photo being taken when Charlotte was born, but now, after the depression I felt at the beginning I am the happiest woman in the world.

I wish you all the best,

take care
Love
Sam

Thanks for keepign us updated! He is doing so well, strong guy!!

So glad he's doing so well hon! :hugs:

As for feeling depressed, its completely normal. The first week is always the toughest. Like you, I would cry every time I had to leave Drake in the hospital and couldn't bring him home. Its really tough to see your little one like that but like Samantha said, these memories will seem so distant when you bring him home. I hope you start feeling better soon hon, and don't be scared to lean on someone like your hubby/family. Having a great support system during this time will help you get through this more easily.

He'll be home with you before you know it! :hugs:

So pleased to read little Noah has been doing so well!
-I bet you were on cloud nine after getting to hold him for so long and changing his nappy!
- As for the depression, its normal after a full term, stress free birth, let alone the arrival of your little boy in such a stressful and scarey situation! - I should imagine the shock is only just subsiding and reality hitting you!....Really hope it abates as your son goes from strngth to strength and you get closer to bringing him home where he belongs.
- Really hope your little man continues his fabulous progress!

Few more pics please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->