Noah Anthony Updates

I am thinking and praying for you and your beautiful little boy. I hope it goes well, he is adorable.

So the transfusion went well. His blood work came back this afternoon and his levels are UP :) He's now red/pink instead of pale like he was before. He's still on the nasal oxygen , but the nurse's seem to think he'll be off of it in a few days. We did get some good news last night. HE HIT 2 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Im not sure how much he weighs tonight though, the nurse he has wasnt going to weigh him till midnight :(! Most of the nurses do it when we are there..oh well gives me more things to type about later. Thanks everyone for your kind post, was an emotional night, but it got better my Dad came to be with us while we waited and that helped. Though today I slept ALOT! lol... Might as well sleep now because when he's home I doubt I'll be sleeping then!!

Side note: We went to Wallie World tonight and bought him some really cute Preemie clothes, they said he can start wearing clothes when he hits about 3 lbs...so only 15 more oz to go :) Can't wait to post pics of him in clothes!

I'm so glad and happy he's doing better and I'm sure he's going to be using the clothes that you bought for him really soon :hugs:

Hiya,

He is doing fantastically well. Please don't be down about him needing a blood transfusion. I remember what it was like those first few days not really knowing what to expect and I certainly remember Charlotte's first blood transfusion and how upset I was. She went on to have in excess of 10 blood transfusions but look at her now. If they need a top up then no big deal and if it makes them feel better then all the better.

Your little boy is doing brilliantly for such a low weight. He isnt on a ventilator or CPAP. He just needs a small amount of oxygen so thats fantastic. Remember, he won't be home with you yet so it is better he has the extra oxygen to make him grow bigger and get home to you earlier. Charlotte was on oxygen until 38 weeks and we were fully expecting her to come home on oxygen but she made if off just in time.

Keep your chin up and enjoy being a mum to an amazing little boy.

Love
Sam

So glad things are going well. Can't wait to see pics of him in his new clothes.

Glad the transfusion went well. Great news that he's up to 2 pounds!!

My prayers are with you and Noah. So glad to hear that he made it to 2 lb.

Very glad to hear the transfusion went so well... He sounds like a very strong little boy - and only 1lb to grow until you get to dress him up in little clothes - that's great!

Best of luck with all the future holds,

Absolutely amazing. He's growing stronger every day.
It great that he is putting on the weight and everthing is going well. xx

Aww hun he sounds like a great little fighter. Now that he's at 2lbs and putting on weight it should only go up from here!
I would be very proud if I were you that Noah is already practically breathing on his own. He just needs a little bit of help right now.
I know it can be upsetting but just remember that it's all for the best and it's helping him to get stronger. Each day in the NICU is like a suprise though. Sometimes good sometimes bad. And it's absolutely OK to feel the way you feel. You are not alone :) Just continue to take care of yourself and get lots of rest.
Are you pumping milk? If so how is that going for you?
Don't forget to take tonnes of pictures and write down everything that happens. He will be much bigger before you know it. They grow very quickly :)
I remember too the first time I saw Angelynn is clothes. I cried :) They didn't even tell me she was ready for clothes. I just came in and she was in a cute little outfit. That was a special day and after that my mom and I started to make lots for her. Babies R Us have some adorable preemie sleepers that Noah can wear right away. Angelynn has almost outgrown hers already!! The Bay also has a big selection of preemie clothes.
Well keep us updated and keep posting pics it's great to see the progress :D

Im so pleased to hear he's doing so well. This is my first baby, so I dont really have any advice or anything, just wanted to say Im thinking of you all. I thought from the first photos of him you posted that he looked great for his 'age' and he still does, looks very strong!

I hope you, your DH and family are looking after yourselves as well, because thats just as important :)

xxx

I'm so glad that Noah has been doing so well. Can't wait to see new photos. Take care hun!

:hugs: Glad he's doing so well hon. He'll be putting on weight in no time! hang in there sweetie. Things will get better :hugs:

You know how they say in a situation like this that "no news is good news"? Well today we got nothing bad news... probably one of (if not THE) worst day so far. From best as we can tell Noah has an infection (in his blood) possibly from the pick line in his hand. They have him on antibiotics etc but the side affects are it caused major problems with his breathing so he had to have the c-pap put back on earlier today and now tonight they had to incubate him with the breathing tube that he has not had since the first few days he was born. Also they had to stop his feeds and put him back on full IV after being soooo close (.5) to getting him off of it. We will keep you posted but the next 24-48 hours will be critical.. please continue to pray for Noah!

Thinking of you all hun.

He's in the best place for now, Im sure the doctors will do a great job :)

xxx

Thinking of u all and praying for little noah :hugs:

You know how they say in a situation like this that "no news is good news"? Well today we got nothing bad news... probably one of (if not THE) worst day so far. From best as we can tell Noah has an infection (in his blood) possibly from the pick line in his hand. They have him on antibiotics etc but the side affects are it caused major problems with his breathing so he had to have the c-pap put back on earlier today and now tonight they had to incubate him with the breathing tube that he has not had since the first few days.. please continue to pray for Noah!

Hiya, however hard it is try and remain positive, Charlotte caught a very serious infection from her mum's original Candida (Thursh) infection, which caused the premature birth. She was diagnosed with blodd infection at a couple of days old , when only 1 lb 5 oz, and had to go back on the CPAP and did not come off her breathing tube until 38 weeks. They did a spinal and discovered the infection had got to her brain via the spinal fluid and developed into fungal Candida meningitis. They gave her a 1% chance of survival last July but they have very powerful antibiotics these days. She was on them for 8 weeks but pulled through and amazed them all to come home.

It was pretty much the most serious infection a baby could possibly have,
it has left her with two little cysts on her brain but she has grown into a very healthy 10 1/2 lb baby, 7 months old today. Think of her being back on CPAP as a positive not negative thing as it means she can concentrate on fighting the infection.

We don't know whether Charlotte may have any issues as a result, as the Doctor said babies are not expected to and rarely survive the meningitis she had, but we love her to bits and she is acting like a normal healthy baby.

She failed her hearing tests and we are taking her to the Royal Surrey in Guildford to have hearing aids fitted tomorrow but it is no worse than my not being able to see more than 2 feet from my face without contact lenses.

My point is with the arsenal of drugs available these days pretty much any infection can be beaten. Just try and remain positive and keep faith in your little one. It is incredible what tough little fighters they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->