Noah had emergency surgery on 4/19

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
:cry:
Just wanted to update you on Noah's health. On Friday afternoon Noah was non stop crying/screaming. I was actually at a doctors office at the time, and he thought maybe his stomach was bothering him. He said to give him some tylenol. He went to sleep and we drove home which took an hour. He was sound asleep in his carseat and I didnt want to bother him, so I left him there for about an hour and half. Then I took him out to change his diaper, and he started to SCREAM again. Open his diaper. His testies and penis were huge. It was about 6 pm by this time. I call the doctor and the only after hours place they have is an hour away, so I rush over there. Only made it with a few mintues to spare. Long story short, he had a hernia in his groin, which they thought maybe stranglated, which could lead to death if not treated quickly. So they sent us to ER down there. Long story short. It was stranglated and he had an emergency surgery to repair it. Luck was on his side and none of his bowel died, we caught it quick enough. He stayed in PICU till this afternoon and was allowed to come home, so Noah and I spent my 25th Birthday in the hospital. He might need a blood transfusion if his level doesnt come back up, but that I can deal with.

oh no so sorry to hear that :hugs: hope he gets better very soon

I am so sorry ... You are such a strong person ...:hugs:

OMG poor little man & poor you...I hope he makes a full & speedy recovery :hugs::hugs:

:hugs: I'm glad they caught it early and he's been treated. I can't begin to imagine how scary that must feel. :hugs:

:hug: So sorry to hear that, I hope he makes a quick recovery. Glad you caught it in time

I'm so sorry! I'm glad that everything was caught in time.

oh wow how scary!! Good thing you saw it in time I hope he has a speedy recovery :hugs:

Oh Hun!! I am so glad that you caught it in time!!
:hug: to you and Noah!!

Awww poor Noah, you've both been through so much!! Here's to a speedy recovery for your little man!! :hug:

oh no!! Bless you!! you've obviously got one strong little boy there! lots of hugs to all of you! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxxx

omg, I am so glad they caught it in time. Sending tons of :hug:

Poor baby. I am so glad you were able to catch it so quickly! Hope he is feeling better soon.

oh poor little man glad he's okay. xx

:hugs: Oh honey... I am just so glad that they caught it in time! I will pray for you guys! :hugs:

Im sorry hun, Im sure he'll pick up really soon. He's such a strong little boy.

xx

:hugs: I'm glad you were able to catch it and have it taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->