Nodule found on thyroid...

Terrilea

Me,OH & r beautiful Ruby
Reaction score
I have just been for an ultrasound today on my thyroid as i've been having problems with it, the doctor said thyroid problems are common after pregnancy.

They've found a nodule on my thyroid and want me to go back for a needle test so they can check it further. Is this something to be worried about as i've been looking on google (stupid of me i know) and the words cancerous nodules keep coming up and i'm terrified now. Has anyone else had one of these? xx

Hiya Terrilea :hugs:

There's little point worrying (easier said than done I know) until the results of the needle biospy are back. Nodules are more common than people think, and the more often than not cause no problems at all. But your doctor would be at best considered negligent if he didn't check it out :thumbup:

The majority of nodules are benign...and even if not, I hope it doesn't sound trite, but its one of the easiest 'C's to treat.

The FNA (Fine Needle Aspiration) is often the first step in seeing what the nodule is up to, and will help them to decide whether to investigate further or whether to just keep an eye on in future.

I won't lie, its not a particularly pleasant procedure, but it is normally very quick and they should talk you through it, explaining exactly what they are doing.

I had a total thyroidectomy last year...and wish I'd had it done years ago :happydance:

Best of luck with it all - and do let us know how you get on :thumbup:

i do, i have a big lump right in the middle of my neck. well its not big but its the size of a 2p coin and round. i also have a slightly enlarged thyroid and also a few nodules. had an ultrasound and biopsy and results says that it needs no further treatment. its called a multinodular goitre. hope everything worked out for u.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->