Non disposabe Nappies

jaybee

Mum to Tobias & Alexander
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

now I know there must be other posts about this...but am hoping you will help me out.

I want to put my baby into non disposable nappies..but have not the faintest idea of makes, models etc!!!!

Could someone help me with some links and information.

Thank you so much in advance

Ju
xx

Check here, hon!

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural...pies-do-they-work-please-shed-some-light.html

If you click my banner and go to my store, click on nappies and there is a basic explanation (I 'borrowed' from CNT :blush:) which i think sums it up really well

here; https://littlefluffybums.web.officelive.com/Nappies.aspx

Brilliant, thanks ladies.
I am really keen to not use sposie's (did I get that right!) but cloth nappies are so varied... its confusing.
Hopefully with this reading you've given me I will be able to sort out the info!

if anyone has any hints or tips then I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Ju

was the info any help? If you have any questions feel free to ask :flower:

Hi, I have been the bum genius ones that go from birth to potty and I think they are brilliant but a friend of mine swears by popins. I bought them as part of a kit from a website called 'fill your pants' and they were really helpful when I emailed them with a load of questions. In the kit I got a bin to store them in between washes, some paper liners, two mesh bags to line the bin which makes it easy to just 'bung them in the wash'! I also purchased washable wipes and love them too.
Some local shops let u hire a variety of nappies so that u can try b4 u buy, it may b worth researching to see if u have a shop like that in your area?
Hope u find some that u like as they r great!!

you can also do a free survey on the nappylady.com and it gives you a rough guide as to what nappies would possibly suit. I found the site to be a good starting point but they only stock basic colours i think so might be worth looking there but then going somewhere else if you want to choose designs etc

Thanks,

i spent a long time on 'fill your pants' and that was really useful.
although due to baby brain... i have kinda forgotten which ones i liked the look of most!

i think the pop ins sounded good.

So you can really use them right from newbrorn??
its quite an expensive outlay though in the first place (although that's ok, cos so are sposies!)...and what if the ones you buy are not suitable for any reason?? Can i just buy one or two to begin with?

I have ended up buying a couple of each type of nappy I liked/was reccomended and am sticking with that until baby is here and I get a better idea of his shape/size and what suits him.
I do have a larger number of Onelife (cotton nappies with popper in boosters that need wraps) as I liked them so much from the start but I bought them preloved and paid less than £40 for 15 birth to potty nappies with boosters, fleece liners and waterproof outers so its not a loss if they dont work well!

Id go with deciding what sort of nappy you would prefer, example being I have a mixture of most types, my OH will be using the AIOs and ready to go pocket nappies as hes not too sure about snap in boosters, liners, wraps etc (poor thing...!!) weigh up your lifestyle and needs against the pros and cons of each type of nappy and then spend time finding the cheapest place to get them from (or buy preloved!) so you dont go mad and end up with a large number of very expensive nappies that you find dont suit your baby.

Thanks,

i spent a long time on 'fill your pants' and that was really useful.
although due to baby brain... i have kinda forgotten which ones i liked the look of most!

i think the pop ins sounded good.

So you can really use them right from newbrorn??
its quite an expensive outlay though in the first place (although that's ok, cos so are sposies!)...and what if the ones you buy are not suitable for any reason?? Can i just buy one or two to begin with?

I have yet to try Pop in's but have just brought one so we'll give them a go :happydance:

There are options for newborns though I didn't start that early so can't speak from personal experience. I think at newborn a lot of people prefer fitted (sized) than birth to potties as they can still be a little big.

I guess it depends to some extent why you want to use cloth. If it's for money reasons it may not be worth starting off with only one or two as you'll be having to use 'sposies too. If however, like me, you just prefer the thought of your baby being in soft cloth then starting with one or two and building up is a good way. It's always good i think to get a mix of different nappies and that way you can see what you like and what you don't. Some nappies work better for other people and some don't.

Have you also checked if your local council run an incentive scheme? A lot offer £30- £40 vouchers :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->