Non sympathetic Husband

almosthere

Family of 4!
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have found myself to be very upset on and off because dh had been quite impatient and not understanding of my situation at all. This is our second baby (with ds I had 4th degree tearing) with this little girl 2nd degree...so I am still healing and dealing with lochia and patting not wiping all that fun stuff. While I feel pretty good I still have to do that whole bathroom routine so it takes me longer than my usual post baby bathroom routine. So baby was crying dh was eating lunch he yells out to me aren't you going to get her I was like I'm peeing he leaves her to cry (she is only 2 weeks old) and then finally gets list enough to get her and bitches that I took too long to pee! I've had to stop eating my food to breast feed her I don't get why dh thinks it's fine to treat me this way I feel like lack of sleep gets him cranky but the behaviour is still not okay or do any of you think it's justified? Also we left the hospital the day after having our baby and I went to go pee before leaving but realized the bathroom floor was wet so I turned back to get shoes and dh flipped out that I was taking long. I feel like it's so insensitive. He has been FL great changing baby almost everytime in the night and bringing her to me so I can feed her and he did dishes and laundry for 2 weeks so I don't want to put him down but I just feel sick of being treated as if I didn't just have a baby 2 weeks ago...sorry for the long rant but much needed :blush:

I don't think it's justified. I wish men could understand what we go through. I think it's great that he has helped at night and with some cleaning, mine never did that. I had a second degree tear with mine too and if my husband gave me flack for how long it took me to use the bathroom I would be yelling. I am sure lack of sleep is playing a part in it. Is he aware at all of the post birth care that comes with using the bathroom?

I was going to ask the same thing. Have you explained what comes with you using the bathroom. And maybe explain what you said to us, to him. Ive learned my husband honestly sometimes doesnt realize hes being an ass and hurting my feelings. Once i point it out he trys to change.

I don't think it's justified. I wish men could understand what we go through. I think it's great that he has helped at night and with some cleaning, mine never did that. I had a second degree tear with mine too and if my husband gave me flack for how long it took me to use the bathroom I would be yelling. I am sure lack of sleep is playing a part in it. Is he aware at all of the post birth care that comes with using the bathroom?

of course I went up to him and said do you know why I take so long in the bathroom and he didn't even want to hear it I'm being so immature but just ignoring dealing with him until he man's up and apologizes until then I'll only talk with him about our children's needs and that's it I'm so fed up!

I really hope he mans up soon for you. His attitude is really deplorable. Sorry for the double post, this site doesn't like when I post using my cell. Hugs to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->