none/low carb diet plans

miss.kayleigh

me, oh and jakey lee
Reaction score
Hiya is anybody following a low carb diet?
If so how is it working out and can you give me an idea of your meals?
Thanks

Hiya,

I am following a low GI diet which is quite low carb/good carb diet. Generally I eat low GI carbs in the morning and at lunchtime which are things such as oats, sweet pots, new pots, rye bread, veggies and fruit.

Most mornings I have either: muesli and yoghurt, rye bread with eggs, porridge, smoothies. Lunch good quality protein, veggies/salad with sweet pot/new pots. Dinner same sort of things as lunchtime but at the moment no pots etc.

I've lost about 8/9lb in 4 weeks, I lost the first 7lb in the first 2 weeks but have been quite poorly the last 2 so have only lost a bit since. I have faith though, I've lost about an inch from my waist already.

I have changed to a gluten free diet which is basically a low carb diet .... Im eating like a horse and have managed to loose a stone in 3 weeks !!!!!!! .. but 12lb came off in the first week or so alone !!!!! I eat cards in the form of baby potatoes and brown rice the rest is mostly made up of fish chicken and LOTS of fruit and veg .. I also snack on alot of nuts dried fruit and yogurts

I'm following a low carb diet and it's working GREAT for me. Basically I have yogurt with nuts for breakfast (greek yogurt which is low sugar), then some cheese/olives for snacks, lunch is a tuna/chicken or salmon salad with avocado (got to get healthy fats), then dinner is usually steak or some protein with loads of veggies drizzled in olive oil. I never feel hungry, losing weight and my skin has cleared up too!

yeah I noticed the my skin is amazing !! its like velvet .... and NO spots !!

Anyone interested in low carb diet, there's a book called the idiot proof diet which I'm following. I've lost 5lb in the first week and it's not been really hard. The only thing I struggle with is there's not an awful lot of things to snack on which in hindsight is probably good as it would usually involve me eating a cake and thinking if I eat it quick my body won't notice ..I really do think this hence I've not lost the 10 lb I've got left to get to post preggo!!

Great tips ladies. I think im going to give it a go. Any ideas for snacks during the day, as i oftern get munchies sitting at my desk.

i love this diet have slimed down to a size 8 (not bad for a mummy of three) my dad calls it the heart attack diet lol, i usually have a fry up for breakfast if ive got the time if not ill just have fruit. i love chicken and veg or meat and veg for dinner. i eat alot of tuna aswell with sweetcorn normally. scrambled eggs and bacon or an omlet. for snacks its either fruit or pork scratchings, alot of people have nuts for snacks. my fav thing about this diet is that in the first week i lost alot of weight and i know it works so if i have a bad week or im on holiday i know when i come back i can easily loose whatever i have gained.

I did the idiot proof diet before I got pregnant and lost over two stone and kept it off, it was the best I have ever done.

I stopped it whilst pregnant as nitre co ended and I really want to start again but I am still breastfeeding so I will have to wait.

Whilst on this diet I snacked on cheese and clelery sticks with pate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->