Normal BP / Raised Pulse

sarah1989

Reaction score
I am a 21 year old female 5' 5" and weigh about 170 lbs. I exercise about 3 times a week for about 30 minutes each time. I do have an under-active thyroid (hypothyroidism) but have been on medication for it since June.

For about the last 3 or 4 years I have noticed my heart rate gradually gets higher and higher - Not a huge change daily or anything. However the last month or so I have been testing it in the morning when waking up and it always seems to be between 110 - 120 (today being the 120 and the highest yet). I mentioned it to my Dr. when I first noticed it happening and he basically brushed it off saying "right now it seems around 95-97 and isn't a worry" ... but it being 120 makes me wonder what is causing this...

Stats Today:
Blood pressure : 115 / 83
Pulse: 120

Any ideas would be very appreciated!

have you got thyriod problems? as thats prob what is causeing it to be rasied try not to worry to much if your doctor isnt x

Have you anxiety? This can make your pulse quicker. X

sophxx - I have an underactive thyroid, and everything I read online says it would be an overactive thyroid that would cause rapid heart rate :shrug: it is all very confusing lol

calm -
I was diagnosed with depression about 5 or 6 years ago, but never a definite diagnosis of anxiety. Are they one in the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->