Normal discharge or mucus plug, argghhh!

Daisy1986

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So for the past 9 days, once or twice a day i've been getting a stingy bit of snot-like, mucusy discharge. It's pretty similar to what I used to get mid cycle and if i wasn't pregnant I wouldn't even bat an eye at it. It's not thick like jelly like some mucus plug pictures that look like a solid substance, its more that sticky clear/white/pale yellow stuff that is gooey. Sorry for the TMI!

Anyway, i'm so paranoid that my LO is gonna come early so i've spoken to my midwife, another community midwife, and 3 midwives from L&D and all have said that it either sounds like normal pregnancy discharge or if it is mucus plug then not to worry about it. They have all said that as long as it isn't streaked with blood not to worry. So that's 5 midwives...and yet i'm still worrying as everything i've read online has said that it means i'm dilating and that labour will be in the next few weeks.

I just can't relax and don't know what to do...I know I should trust the professionals and not the stuff I read online but how can the majority of it be wrong?

Does/did anyone else at this stage have this kind of mucusy discharge and it's just been normal?

I can't stop worrying :( I want to show my midwife at my appointment on Monday but just know I wont get any until after I see her.

Stress!! x

It's totally normal I've had it throughout both pregnancies x

Thanks :) I should never have googled mucus plug pictures because some just look like clear discharge so it's really confusing!! xx

I've had all sorts of gloop come out of me in third tri lol, as long as there's no blood etc you're fine. The midwives would have gotten you to go in if they were worried . Your plug regenerates anyway so really don't worry x

Ive been having this too. Its been happening for weeks and i havent gone into labour hun. Think its pretty normal :) x

Thanks! How far along are you, Millie? It started when I was 29 weeks which is why i'm so worried...get sooo many braxton hicks all day long too x

Yes normal, I have had it for weeks although it has stopped in the past few days. I have had swabs done too and they were all clear so defo not an infection.

I have it too. Some days more than others, some days none at all.
Been tested, no infections, so it's just normal discharge. And even if it is your mucus plug, they tend to regenerate themselves. So no worries :thumbup:

I'm still getting my normal milky stuff along with it so it has to be mucus plug. This is light yellow against the white toilet roll. I just can't relax thinking he is going to come any time soon :( So worried

Sorry for all the questions, but if the stringy/snotty discharge is normal that what is the mucus plug like? x

It is like that but there is loads of it, small bits can come away which it sounds like your getting =)

Oh and its not a sign of labour, lots of ladies lose bits of mucus plug. The worst thing for baba is you stressing, especially since you've already spoken to 5 midwives. They're much more reliable than Dr Google x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->