Normal food at 6 months?

She loves her jars thats what shes been on for the past month or so.

I was thinking that maybe,instead of going straight from jars to normal food, maybe mix it 50/50? Like make her some mash and cheese for example then add a bit of jar to it?

I dont know :/

hey hun,
Ryan's bit younger as you know but has been weaning longer.

we started last week with finger foods suc as cucumber,carrot sticks,banana and rusks
He gets on fine with them and getting better everyday.

we are going to try proper food after we've done finger foods for a while so he can get used to the texture.

maybe maisie didn't like the food? some things we give ryan for example caulliflower he hates.

maybe try mash and cheese? pasta purreed with cheese.
there's loadsa things to try and am sure she'll get used to it soon :D

good luck my dear

x

I agree with Vix that it was maybe that she didnt like something you gave her?

Keep trying hon,it can take babies lots of attempts to like something so maybe try something new and then try her on what you tried her with last night again in a couple of weeks.
xxx

So if i try some mash and cheese today.. what cheese can she have? We only have mature cheddar cheese.. is that ok??

And what exactly do i do...mash the potatoes like i normally do with milk and butter? then grate and add the cheese? do i need to smoothen it up with extra milk to make it abit more runny or anything??

x

Just mash it up like you normally would hon,make sure its quite smooth and then add a little bit of grated cheese :thumbup: If the cheese is mature though I wouldnt add too much,you dont want the flavour to be too strong.

Maybe add a tiny bit of milk to make it smoother if youre worried about the texture of it.
Let us know how it goes sweetie.xxx

It might be the texture she didnt like as shes not used to it. Theres a big difference between stage 1 jars and mashed food. Maybe make something like potato and mix it up a bit with a jar, so its slightly runnier than mash but thicker than a jar and also has a familiar taste to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->