normal nap length?

crossedfinger

Hannah's mommy and TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a long time, but am wondering if you can help. Am wondering if it's normal for a 13-month old to take regular 3 hour naps. She only naps once a day. Sleeps about 12 hours at night.
Thanks!

Sounds good Sophie still takes a 3 hour nap.

I just get a bit panicky when she's getting near the 3-hour mark, like it will ruin her night time sleep.

At 13 months I wouldn't worry too much, unless she is sleeping very late in the day? Sophie was still on two naps at that age and slept about 4 hours per day in naps.

My LO has 2 hours at lunchtime, but every so often she will have nearly 3 hours and still sleeps 12 hours at night.

I would be thanking my lucky stars if my LO slept that long! It has never happened for my LO. Just relax and enjoy it. If it isn't disrupting nighttime sleep then you have nothing to worry about. :)

Abby was having three 1.5 hour naps and sleeping 12 hours at that age. When we dropped a nap she was easily having 2 hours at a time and when we were on one nap, a 3 hour nap wasn't unusual. As long as night time sleep isn't affected, let your LO nap as long as they need.

Yes from a year old my lo took 2-3 hour naps and he's two next week and still does, he will still sleep through at night to and goes straight to sleep so I know he still needs it x

If she's only taking one nap a day at that age, I'd hope it would be a long one! Violet at 2 needs 2 to 3 hour naps.

My son is almost 16 months and takes two 1.5 naps am and pm and sleeps about 12 hours at night.

Thanks for the replies! I am actually waking her up from the nap after three hours. Don't know how long she'd actually go if I let her keep going.

At 15m we have a long 2-3 hour nap. More often 2hrs.

I'm so jealous! My 17 month has 30 mins otherwise she won't sleep until 9pm.

At 13 months, jade had one nap anywhere between 1-3hrs. She had some days with no nap and coped fine c

My DS who just turned one yesterday sleeps for three hours for his nap, and my DD who is doesn't nap at all because she just has ridiculous energy. They sleep from 7pm to 9/10am which is a long time, but the HV said it's perfectly fine and normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->