Normal ? Or should I be concerned ?

3rdtimelucky

mammy to 3 beautiful kids
Reaction score
A bit of background first . I was kept in hospital last week with threatening premature labour. I had strong regular contractions every 3 minutes. On arrival to hospital my cervix was closed and posterior. 2 hours later I was 1 cm dilated and my cervix had moved position to mid so the contractions were having an effect on my cervix.. Thankfully over night the contractions settled down and they let me home after giving steroids for baby's lungs.
Since then I have still been having pretty painful contractions but they are not regular with no pattern to them. But for the last 3 days I have been having an unusually large amount of discharge. My underwear feels constantly damp and when I go to the loo there are Big globs of thick stringy discharge (tmi). The first time it happened it was kind of pink looking, and since has been creamy coloured. Today I noticed it has a kind of distinct smell to it, kind of sweet. A bit like pickled onions or something, kind of vinegary !! (Sorry again tmi)
I have a midwife app next tue, and I'm wondering should I be concerned about this or is it a completely normal part of pregnancy. Should I hang on till I see the midwife or is it something I should ring about now ?
Thanks so much for reading, and any advice appreciated, I know I have 3 other children but I honestly forget and I don't remember this kind of discharge till nearer my due date the other times x

Well i think you should ring midwife/labour ward to ask their advise. The thick globby discharge could be your plug... which can come away any time and grow back. But if you are very wet you could be leaking your waters. I'm toold they have a very distict smell although i dont know what it smells like. With your history I'm certain they would rather you seek advise than wait til next wekk!

Couldn't agree with above more.. For the sake of a phone call or perhaps a visit to labour ward, its worth it. With the recent history you've got, its surely not worth the risk!! Hope everything is okay! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->